FERNANDO FORESTIERI - Megathread

He had it in him to be a Wednesday legend.

Like other players I could mention it aways had to be about him, he never looked like he wanted to take responsibility for his actions and he comes across as quite immature.

We stuck by him for years with little pay back and paid for it financially.

I’m torn about Fernando , one hand I’m glad he’s gone on the other in his first season he was the only reason my young daughter wanted to go to the match. She’s disappointed every time he doesn’t play and will be when I tell her he’s gone. Remember feeling that way when I was young with Hirst , just loved going to match to see him play. That’s Football for ya!!! 

Edited by Avon barksdale
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Avon barksdale said:

I’m torn about Fernando , one hand I’m glad he’s gone on the other in his first season he was the only reason my young daughter wanted to go to the match. She’s disappointed every time he doesn’t play and will be when I tell her he’s gone. Remember feeling that way when I was young with Hirst , just loved going to match to see him play. Football for ya!!! 

Yea he defiantly has that pop star look and air about him.  And the kop used to get giddy about him even when he was warming up.   But in reality he never again reached the heights we knew he could.  It's annoying that you know he's going to become a favourite at another club but the truth is he's not looked fully committed to us for years.

what i will remember about these players is that at a critical time where we may need to win 6 out of last 8 games to stop up they jump ship even though some of them like forestieiri fletcher have spent more time on treatment table over the years and have been paid since march for doing nothing. glad there going dont want players in club what dont want to be there , now the lions and vultures are circling and only a lawyer can get us out of this mess otherwise expect many years of struggles in the lower leagues and only if they actually get back to playing and having crowds. im saying it as it is .

• Like 1

One wonder season where in hindsight we should’ve cashed in but easy to say that now. On his day a match winner unfortunately that was only when he could be bothered or had a point to prove. Became a luxury we couldn’t afford in the end. Will move on and be a menace somewhere else until it turns sour. Seems to be the case with his type. All the beat Nando.

• Like 1

Had talent, but also believed his own hype and the second he refused to get on that coach, he should have at least been put in his place, or preferably sold.  Instead he got a pay rise.

That 14m that Fulham were (allegedly) willing to pay might have come in handy eh?

I wanted him to stay because my son loves him.

Just like I loved Waddle and Di Canio.

He's the closest we've had since then to a genuine quality talent.

But, he has not been the same player for 3 years now. So time for him to move on.

• Like 1

30 years old and he’s one very good season in his career so far. Never managed to hold down a place at any club he’s been at. Should have got rid years ago. 

You have to sell players and reinvest it doesn’t matter what level your club is at.

Liverpool sold Suarez and reinvested, Leeds sold Wood, Brentford sold maupay.

All these clubs are better off for the reinvestment. Whether you trust our recruitment team to do this correctly or not is another matter however.

• Love 2