FERNANDO FORESTIERI - Megathread

I’m gutted to see him go, understand why...he’s a high earner after all. He was probably always going to leave at the end of this season regardless of the current circumstances. But I can’t help feeling a little bit annoyed by all 3 rejecting contracts and not helping us out to the end of the current season. I sort of understand why, maybe I’d do the same. But sticks in the throat a little bit given they’ve been sat on their arse picking up a full wage the last 3 months.

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

I’m gutted to see him go, understand why...he’s a high earner after all. He was probably always going to leave at the end of this season regardless of the current circumstances. But I can’t help feeling a little bit annoyed by all 3 rejecting contracts and not helping us out to the end of the current season. I sort of understand why, maybe I’d do the same. But sticks in the throat a little bit given they’ve been sat on their arse picking up a full wage the last 3 months.

Fkin mercinaries innit. 

Just here for the moola. 

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Fkin mercinaries innit. 

Just here for the moola. 

That’s exactly why I couldn’t give a f00k about any of them. 

Can’t be doing with the hero worshipping of players like FF who has done f00k all for 3 years after picking up a contract on £20-30k a week. 

Mercenaries is exactly right. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

what i will remember about these players is that at a critical time where we may need to win 6 out of last 8 games to stop up they jump ship even though some of them like forestieiri fletcher have spent more time on treatment table over the years and have been paid since march for doing nothing. glad there going dont want players in club what dont want to be there , now the lions and vultures are circling and only a lawyer can get us out of this mess otherwise expect many years of struggles in the lower leagues and only if they actually get back to playing and having crowds. im saying it as it is .

That post somes it up perfectly .pet shop them

1 hour ago, KernowOwl said:

I might be the only one but I’ll only remember him as a overrated, overpaid diva

Now that he's gone, is it suddenly OK to call him a 'diver'? 

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know when the  transfer deadlines are fixed for the end of the 19/20 season?

And don't forget - the usual time for resigning contracts has most certainly been altered.

By now, the season would be ended. The idea to me of the extension to contract is to take the players up to the end of their contract, where their contracts would be reviewed anyway

Forgive me, but are the clubs/players to be allowed to change clubs mid-season.

7 minutes ago, bobness said:

Now that he's gone, is it suddenly OK to call him a 'diver'? 

lol

Cheating little fool never liked him lol

Probably the most talented player we've had since leaving the Prem, but there's a reason he was a bit part player at Watford and they shipped him out as soon as they got promoted

Should have snapped Fulhams hands off when it was rumoured he was going there for 15 million

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

I’m torn about Fernando , one hand I’m glad he’s gone on the other in his first season he was the only reason my young daughter wanted to go to the match. She’s disappointed every time he doesn’t play and will be when I tell her he’s gone. Remember feeling that way when I was young with Hirst , just loved going to match to see him play. That’s Football for ya!!! 

I feel her pain, I was like that when Steve Harkness left. 

• Haha 1