FERNANDO FORESTIERI - Megathread

Should never have played for us again after refusing to get on the bus for Norwich. Most talented player we've had since we left the premier league but he's child in a man's body and has taken millions of pounds from us for very little return and we've gone through 4 managers who've all tried to reshape a playing system to fit him in but never managed it.

Thanks for the memories of the first season or two but not worth the hassle for me.

Edited by Sultan_Pepper
  • Like 7

A real talented footballer who produced magic at times and on his day was the best player outside the premier league. Unfortunately, he’s a prime example of DCs failings in the transfer market. Should’ve cashed in when we had the chance to and I’m sure we had plenty of opportunities to especially after Norwich. To lose him on a free is a kick in the balls to be honest 

Guest freerole
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Most gifted player I’ve seen play for us.

Plenty of magic moments but will always be overshadowed by the circus which followed him.

I assume you are quite young?

1 minute ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Should never have played for us again after refusing to get on the bus for Norwich. Most talented player we've had since we left the premier league but he's child in a man's body and has taken millions of pounds from us for very little return and we've gone through 4 managers who've all tried to reshape a playing system to fit him in never managed it.

Thanks for the memories of the first season or two but not worth the hassle for me.

If I believed this it would say more about the managers than Fessi !

20 minutes ago, ANDY said:

He will be remembered for the Norwich fiasco 

should have binned him them. His heart was never in it after that. 

Bang on the money.

If we’d sold FF after the 15/16 season, we’d be looking at banking a profit of £10-15 million.  He was a player in demand.

With that kind of dollar, we could use the profit to finance several first team players.  With the added bonus of getting rid of a problem player.

What did Chansiri do?  Gave into FF’s little games.  Awarded him a bumper new contract.

So after paying him big wages for the last few years where he’s underperformed, we’re going to lose him this summer for nothing.

And then folk wonder why we’re up to our necks in trouble with FFP.

• Like 9