FERNANDO FORESTIERI - Megathread

6 hours ago, the monk said:

Should have taken the 30 million from Fulham and reinvested ... dont you know 

Loving how we have re invented ourselves to be happy  selling our best players when doing well 

Think plenty of people were saying at the time he should be moved on after he refused to play v Norwich.

I agree selling him then would have divided opinion but football soon moves on after a big player leaves.

8 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

? He was a part of Watfords' promotion team, they loved him there and were sad to see him leave. He obviously did have it in him.

And you don't need to run around like a headless chicken like Megson any more..  You just need a brain and skills to match and he's probably our most talented player from the last ten years.  Although he fell out of love with us a long time ago.

I agree he's probably our best talent since we've left the Premier, but he was a bit part player for Watford and they got rid as soon as they got promoted

He played more games for us in his first season than he ever did in a season for Watford

43 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I agree he's probably our best talent since we've left the Premier, but he was a bit part player for Watford and they got rid as soon as they got promoted

He played more games for us in his first season than he ever did in a season for Watford

Our best talent since we left the Premier was Antonio.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Are you kidding?

Apparently Forestieri is better than Waddle and Di Canio, even though he's not played a single game in the English top flight, is an afterthought at a struggling Championship club and has averaged 4 goals per season for the last 3 years.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Are you kidding?

Apparently Forestieri is better than Waddle and Di Canio, even though he's not played a single game in the English top flight, is an afterthought at a struggling Championship club and has averaged 4 goals per season for the last 3 years.

Surprised at you using stats in such a binary way....Eddision hasn’t, to my knowledge, scored at all in that period.....does that mean £50m is an absolute rip off?

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I have forgotten about him.

Yes he is an established Premier league player so I can see that argument.

Still think FF was more talented then Antonio but Antonio has a far better attitude and wants to wring out every last drop of his ability, where as FF has too many prima dona tendencies.

Just now, Ian said:

Surprised at you using stats in such a binary way....Eddision hasn’t, to my knowledge, scored at all in that period.....does that mean £50m is an absolute rip off?

So Forestieri is better than Di Canio and Waddle?

And now you're comparing the scoring records of forwards against goalkeepers?

If I were you I'd concentrate on chasing after your credibility which has made a run for it and is off over the horizon.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So Forestieri is better than Di Canio and Waddle?

And now you're comparing the scoring records of forwards against goalkeepers?

If I were you I'd concentrate on chasing after your credibility which has made a run for it and is off over the horizon.

I made the comment to show that picking out a specific stat on a player is not really a good way show their worth (you’ve spent the last 5 years telling me that I shouldn’t just look at Nuhiu’s goals tally!)

in terms of Di Canio, yes I’d rather have an ‘on his day Forestieri’.....Waddle possibly less so and these sort of comparisons are always subjective but for me all 3 would be in the same bracket that would lead to an interesting discussion (as opposed to “who was best, Hodge or Tidman)

im also acutely aware that more recent players are often perceived as better than older ones and I’m not immune to that.....in fact I always say when ‘best ever....’ conversations are had that any current players are not allowed

Guest gizowl

What's all this achieving exactly? Nando wasn't our worst signing by a long way and isn't the reason we are in the shiiit ,in hindsight should have took the Fulham money. The money spiral got out of hand with Abdi,Emanulson,Jones , Fletcher ,  Rhodes , Hooper. 

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

I made the comment to show that picking out a specific stat on a player is not really a good way show their worth (you’ve spent the last 5 years telling me that I shouldn’t just look at Nuhiu’s goals tally!)

There is (or was) clearly far more to Forestieri's game than goalscoring. I was using that number to demonstrate how little impact he has had for the last 3 seasons.The other elements of what I said are rather more pivotal to calculating his overall reputation and ability.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

in terms of Di Canio, yes I’d rather have an ‘on his day Forestieri’.....Waddle possibly less so...

I doubt even Forestieri's mum would agree with this. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

in terms of Di Canio, yes I’d rather have an ‘on his day Forestieri’.....Waddle possibly less so and these sort of comparisons are always subjective but for me all 3 would be in the same bracket that would lead to an interesting discussion (as opposed to “who was best, Hodge or Tidman)

im also acutely aware that more recent players are often perceived as better than older ones and I’m not immune to that.....in fact I always say when ‘best ever....’ conversations are had that any current players are not allowed

There’s no interesting discussion about it, FF hasn’t even played a single game in the top flight and couldn’t even hold down a place in the Watford championship team.

Good riddance and at long last.

Treated this club like absolute dog poo whilst somehow keeping the majority of fan base on his side. 

Who ever he signs for next will get a very good player for the first season then he will soon show his true colours. 

but he knows how to play to the masses on social media.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

There is (or was) clearly far more to Forestieri's game than goalscoring. I was using that number to demonstrate how little impact he has had for the last 3 seasons.The other elements of what I said are rather more pivotal to calculating his overall reputation and ability.

13 goals in the last 3 seasons was poor, but his assists have dried up too. 4 assists across those 3 seasons. Awful.