FERNANDO FORESTIERI - Megathread

Two sides to every story. Don’t blame any of them for rejecting a contract if it’s a lot lower than what they are currently on. It’s a short career and they need to make as much as possible before they retire. Some of the comments on here abusing the players is ridiculous. We have such a toxic fan base at times

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

No - A fan base that's sick and tired of seeing these so called professionals taking the pi55

No need for the abuse tho is there. Especially fox, the abuse he got was ridiculous and I don’t blame any of them for wanting to leave if so

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

There was strong rumours a while ago that Wilder was a fan. Just the type of thing he’d do and he’s cheap now!

A 30 year old who has barely played a game in the Champ for three years?

No Prem club in their right mind would touch him with a barge pole.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Fleeced us and took the pi55 - injured my ar5se

phook him

13 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

No - A fan base that's sick and tired of seeing these so called professionals taking the pi55

The swear filter is there for a reason

Not sure why you're trying to bypass it but please don't

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, S W F C said:

No need for the abuse tho is there. Especially fox, the abuse he got was ridiculous and I don’t blame any of them for wanting to leave if so

Never abused Fox and am only P'd off at FF because the club and DC stood by him through his " injuries ". He's taken the club for fools.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

If you look at the number of players that have "taken the ********" in recent years, are we unusual or are we typical?

McGughan, that Dutch centre half, Abdi, Emanuelson, Bates, Westwood, Hutchinson - either sacked off or disappeared. I lose track. And then you've got FF who's accused of antics by some fans.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

A 30 year old who has barely played a game in the Champ for three years?

No Prem club in their right mind would touch him with a barge pole.

But United are not in their right mind.

See Ravel Morrison for details.

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If you look at the number of players that have "taken the ********" in recent years, are we unusual or are we typical?

McGughan, that Dutch centre half, Abdi, Emanuelson, Bates, Westwood, Hutchinson - either sacked off or disappeared. I lose track. And then you've got FF who's accused of antics by some fans.

Some of those are obviously just dodgy acquisitions. By dodgy I mean , and putting it mildly, a lack of input from the manager into the signing.  Advisers/ DC signings for who knows what reason. Never going to play.

But the problems with proper players eg Hutch , Westwood , FF in my mind come about because of the poor organisation at the club and the lack of any clear support structure for the manager.

This leads to issues with players v manager and the players/agent  think they can win and do what they want. Equally the manager feels exposed and feels the need to keep flexing his muscles.

A proper organization, from captain, to coaches/ manager, credible DOF and hands on CEO would have stopped most of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Fell from grace after the Norwich fiasco, should have been sold at that time.

Tbf, the club was in a catch 22 with that.

He was our best, most high profile player at the time and for every person calling for us to get rid, there would have been several bemoaning us selling our best player to a rival.

In saying that, having kept hold, offered him a new, improved deal, one would have liked to have seen a bit more from him.

Instead, he became a what if player, his reputation more enhanced by the ever increasing amount of games he missed.

Before you know it, hes turned 30 and barely played in three seasons.

FF could have been a great player. Instead, he will go down as someone who failed to live up to his potential. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

In the last three years he's averaged 11 starts, 4 goals and 1 assist. 

He faded at Watford after an impressive start.

Good first season, really was a decent player and troubled defenders big time.

Not the same player and his injuries and suspensions played a huge part in his game too.

We move on.