THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Come in peace lads, as we are in the same boat. Are you reading the part "resolution of any ongoing proceedings" to include Wednesday and Derby, or just Swansea? Surely all three are in "ongoing proceedings"? And therefore it implies all verdicts will be applied to this year's table even if after the final games?

9 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Come in peace lads, as we are in the same boat. Are you reading the part "resolution of any ongoing proceedings" to include Wednesday and Derby, or just Swansea? Surely all three are in "ongoing proceedings"? And therefore it implies all verdicts will be applied to this year's table even if after the final games?

Swansea? what have they been up to?

Edited by matt68owls

25 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I agree. The Guillotine is still poised to drop this season

Let’s say -12 is incoming this season. 

In order to stay up, we need Hull, Barnsley and Wigan to lose and a win for us tomorrow night.

Anything else and I fear for us.

1 minute ago, 442 said:

Let’s say -12 is incoming this season. 

In order to stay up, we need Hull, Barnsley and Wigan to lose and a win for us tomorrow night.

Anything else and I fear for us.

Hull, Barnsley and Wigan will lose.  

Wednesday will draw 0-0.

(I'm not ITK, I just know Wednesday).

• Haha 1

So deduction could still come into play this season ?    

What exactly was the point in that statement last night then ?

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

Hull, Barnsley and Wigan will lose.  

Wednesday will draw 0-0.

(I'm not ITK, I just know Wednesday).

That scenario would see us finish second bottom.

9 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

A 524 page summary for those who like to skim through posts:  Its a mess and not sorted out as yet.  You're welcome.

We could probably just make that the first post on each page, or better yet change the thread title to "THE EFL HEARING THREAD - NOWT'S HAPPENED, NOBODY KNOWS" :laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dr. benway said:

Am I the only person reading that statement as relegation will be decided subject to the outcomes of any proceedings—i.e. no one knows the final league table until the panel has reached a verdict?

Spot on, exactly as i read it.

Don't get the confusion 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

So deduction could still come into play this season ?    

What exactly was the point in that statement last night then ?

It was a pass the buck exercise and confirmation that Wigan will be deducted 12 points at full time on Wednesday, which they can then subsequently appeal.

What will be interesting is *when* Wigan will appeal it, because they have 14 days to lodge an appeal and delaying it until the last possible minute will then have a knock on effect and will put the start of next season in question. Basically a final "f*ck you" bomb to drop on the EFL as they (potentially) drop out of the division.

18 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I agree. The Guillotine is still poised to drop this season

No it wont. There is no way it will be resolved by September if all parties at clubs appeal. It will all happen next season as it would if Covid had not extended the season.

Guest Maxine
12 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Am I the only person reading that statement as relegation will be decided subject to the outcomes of any proceedings—i.e. no one knows the final league table until the panel has reached a verdict?

Exactly this. 

49 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Makes no sense that relegation is “subject to resolution of any ongoing proceedings”. Transfer window opens next week... how are the clubs relegated supposed to plan? What if we start bringing in players we couldn’t afford if we was to drop into L1.

Such a mess, I hope this doesn’t become the norm in football. However I fear points deductions and court proceedings will be very much that. Sad really. 

I get the point you are making but maybe that's the issue. Why would we sign players we would struggle to pay for if we got relegated knowing this is potentially hanging over our head and is a possibility. Living beyond the clubs means is why a lot of clubs are in trouble in the first place. If we go splashing cash on high end expensive championship players and then go down we have no one to blame but ourselves.

• Like 1