THE EFL HEARING THREAD

23 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Yeah we need a stadium full of fans like you..clapping like seals as the players walk off after another dismal showing

Demented seals sounds so much more funny or how about remote control zombies that would clap the team off at half time v Blackburn this season...with a totally soulless glazed grey face...the only place in the world to see such creatures would be Hillsboro'.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Demented seals sounds so much more funny or how about remote control zombies that would clap the team off at half time v Blackburn this season...with a totally soulless glazed grey face...the only place in the world to see such creatures would be Hillsboro'.

Ever been to Villa Park, home of the original "seal" colony?

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

League 2 with embargo lasting 3 years according to Kew.

You forgot the points deduction that he reckons will be applied every year as well! 

Guest mkowl
6 hours ago, theowlsman said:

The statement basically said its a hard task being in charge and making decisions, so we give them to somebody else, so don’t blame us.

Tbf its the way I run my business - blame the staff 

It was never going to be sorted this season, given both parties can appeal. So the relegated clubs have no chance of legal challenge. 

Only because of covid that the season has dragged on. Look forward to Wednesday night and teams crapping themselves of who is going 

down.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, SwellOwl said:

Way to go EFL “we have done our bit, wait for the panel”.

Why don’t you chase them?

Hi is that the Independent Disciplinary Commission?

Yes

Can I just chase up if a verdict has been reached yet?

Yes you can and no it hasn't.

Goodbye.

Don't forget, the season doesn't end tomorrow. Playoffs to come so I guess it ends when the playoff final finishes. Still too quick for an appeal to be heard before next seasons prep should be in full swing though. From what I'm seeing on here etc that's the crux of all this. Covid delayed the hearings, delayed the end of the season and has caused massive problems for football below prem level. I'm yet to be convinced that league 1 and 2 clubs will play games next season. No fans in means no money in. Owners have been told for years they can't pump money in, we are being investigated because ours did, so the EFL are now going to ask them to do precisely that. Not all will. Football below the almighty Premier league could be on a cliff edge here. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Don't forget, the season doesn't end tomorrow.

According to the EFL statement, for the sake of Wigan & Wednesday anyway, it does end tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Manwë said:

According to the EFL statement, for the sake of Wigan & Wednesday anyway, it does end tomorrow.

Doesn't that say subject to ongoing investigations though? Don't want people celebrating us staying up cos we've had no decision by 10pm tomorrow night. The axe can still fall. 

• Like 1

"In the specific case of Wednesday evening’s final round of Championship matches for season 2019/20, and any potential impact on divisional standings, relegation will be confirmed for the Clubs in 22nd, 23rd and 24th positions in the Championship table following the conclusion of those matches and will be subject to the resolution of any ongoing proceedings" (Source: https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-statement-ongoing-disciplinary-proceedings/)

It's clear from that statement that the season ends tomorrow for those not involved in the play-offs, although there's a big get-out clause.

Wigan will be deducted points after tomorrow, but then they will appeal.  It's at that point that it gets very confusing, as to whether the points deduction is applied (thus saving another team), but then later rescinded (thus placing the other team back down).  The thing with football is the clock is always ticking and you can't stop it, no matter how much you want to.  It's no good doing things in pre-season either, because some clubs will have escaped the jurisdiction of the EFL (see Villa).

Personally, I think the Wigan appeal is nonsense although they as a club have my sympathy.  They have claimed that Covid has stopped their owner investing money and that the pandemic was unforeseen.  Considering that the owner bought the club during the pandemic I don't know how they can argue it, but I guess it's worth them trying for the sake of it.

• Like 1

Makes no sense that relegation is “subject to resolution of any ongoing proceedings”. Transfer window opens next week... how are the clubs relegated supposed to plan? What if we start bringing in players we couldn’t afford if we was to drop into L1.

Such a mess, I hope this doesn’t become the norm in football. However I fear points deductions and court proceedings will be very much that. Sad really. 

• Like 2