THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Have you seen the state of our squad after everyone leaves who is out of contract???

Course I have. I've been concerned about it for a hell of a long time. 

The funny thing is in an embargo you can sign free agents and loans unless im mistaken. Funnily enough thats all we'll be signing anyway. It's not like we have any money that will be available to spend is it. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

The funny thing is in an embargo you can sign free agents and loans unless im mistaken. Funnily enough thats all we'll be signing anyway. It's not like we have any money that will be available to spend is it. 

Unlimited frees and loans ?   If so am with you 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

because all of the players we have paid a fee for have been a roaring success, this might be the best way to go

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We wouldn't be able to register any players.

This wouldn't be a soft embargo like last time 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Unlimited frees and loans ?   If so am with you 

I think a lot of it is who is making the decisions. With the personnel involved in planning, recruitment and decision making some clubs would thrive a lot better than others with navigating tricky embargo's. Last summer Bruce showed it could be achieved with some shrewd signings. 

The bottom line is it would suck to be in an embargo and I've been very vocal about how it has held us back in the past season or so. 

1 minute ago, davey_wells said:

For me, minus 12 points starting next season would be pretty kind - if we're found guilty

Why? 

Not that I think we're guilty, but 12 points would be an outrageous penalty for a misconduct charge, in the circumstances.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

If we can’t stay up next season starting on -12 with Rotherham, Wycombe & Charlton/Luton in the division then we’re in for a horrendous season anyway 

Only took us 22 games to get 17 points!

14 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

If we have less than 23 experienced full professionals signed the EFL will allow us to sign free agents & loans under embargo to take us up to that number although there is a limit to the wages & overall cost to the club of each signing.

Edited by mogbad
  • Like 1

Thought even in an embargo you can sign players ( free agents ) and loan players but only up to £10k a week? Sure that’s wot happened with Brum? They then broke that by signing a player for a fee?? Might be wrong? 

Knowing our luck we will be found not guilty of this charge, only to get a points deduction and an Umbongo for breaching FFP again when the accounts are published at the end of this month. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Knowing our luck we will be found not guilty of this charge, only to get a points deduction and an Umbongo for breaching FFP again when the accounts are published at the end of this month. 

Good point. It's the accounts we are due to release next that should be giving us the chills. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

If we can’t stay up next season starting on -12 with Rotherham, Wycombe & Charlton/Luton in the division then we’re in for a horrendous season anyway 

The really worrying thing is, if we start next season in the Championship on minus 12, but end up in the bottom three without the minus 12 being taken into account, then, not only would we be relegated into League One, but I think the minus 12 points would be carried over into the next season - that is, the following season when we start in League One.

That really doesn’t bear thinking about, but, if we’re not able to strengthen the squad in the close season, is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, given our abysmally poor form over the second half of this season.

• Haha 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Good point. It's the accounts we are due to release next that should be giving us the chills. 

It’s alright—if we’re found to have breached the rules putting the stadium sale into the previous accounts we can just put it in these instead :laugh:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, slow83 said:

“relegation will be confirmed for the Clubs in 22nd, 23rd and 24th positions in the Championship table following the conclusion of those matches and will be subject to the resolution of any ongoing proceedings.

I don’t think that’s what it says, the bold is an enormous caveat to the first half of the sentence.

Cheers saw that, however reading it gives the impression with on going proceedings and the likelihood of appeals it would be next season as clubs need to work the transfer market etc and the league need to work out fixtures both on a tighter time scale.

Or I may be clutching at straws