THE EFL HEARING THREAD

41 minutes ago, mogbad said:

The only ones that can appeal our case are the us & the EFL. Other clubs have no right to appeal, the might try & sue the EFL of they think they didn't apply their own rules correctly.

Good luck with that given we haven't broken any rules, hence being charged under the miscellaneous charge of misconduct, rather than breaching P&S rules.

Their best chance would be to sue based on EFL not implementing adequate rules, optimistic as the clubs themselves vote on rules as a collective. Even more optimistic for Barnsley as they weren't even in the same league as us at the time of our alleged infraction. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, prowl said:

If I want to read posts from the crowd across the city I will go on their web site. I don't appreciate someone posting that crap on here.

It's pollution. Can we have Owlstalk fumigated please. I feel unclean.

Just sanitised my eyes with tequila. Worked a treat.

46 minutes ago, mogbad said:

The only ones that can appeal our case are the us & the EFL. Other clubs have no right to appeal, the might try & sue the EFL of they think they didn't apply their own rules correctly.

I know I was taking about all clubs who are being charged and obviously Wigan 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 0114 said:

That would be fine if we knew what division we was going to be in from the last day of the season.

But supposedly we could be relegated weeks after the season ends while the transfer market is open. So how do we conduct business while we are stuck in limbo? Regardless of if we have a contingency plan until we know what division we are categorically playing in we are left in the unknown.

Monk has spoken about it being a quick turnaround for the new season, around the second week of September. The club no matter what it’s wrong doings needs to know where we stand after Wednesday. 

100% agree we "should" know, but we don't and we might not for a long time. We can't just hang around waiting on them to decide, just make sensible decisions and not splash the cash too hard. Not that I'm confident we could do that looking back at our transfers. We should be able to assemble a squad good enough for either division. We cannot be looking at gambling on big players looking for that promotion next season.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 0114 said:

That would be fine if we knew what division we was going to be in from the last day of the season.

But supposedly we could be relegated weeks after the season ends while the transfer market is open. So how do we conduct business while we are stuck in limbo? Regardless of if we have a contingency plan until we know what division we are categorically playing in we are left in the unknown.

Monk has spoken about it being a quick turnaround for the new season, around the second week of September. The club no matter what it’s wrong doings needs to know where we stand after Wednesday. 

Agree totally the EFL statement was basically saying g in no uncertain terms if the committee decide to dock up points in between seasons thats up to them.. I though maybe a decision had been made and they were reaching a compromise to avoid the possible rescheduling of fixtures the EFL hinted at in the statement but sounds like thats not whats happening 😞

Edited by keepitsteel89

Just reading an article on bbc saying that it needs to be concluded by mid August due to EFL policy. Last part was interesting when talking about appeal duration etc

" It means there is now no guarantee the sanction could be applied next season, even if Wednesday were deducted points. "

bbc championship football

Edited by Zlin Owl

Let’s be honest if we’re found guilty , DC is taking it to CAS 

This wouldn’t be no appeal getting sorted before August, or even next August 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Didn't someone say earlier in this thread that you can't just take something to CAS? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Let's be really honest.  DC can do no such thing without EFL's agreement to do so.

There is no scope for CAS in all of this, not a single thing.  Unless the EFL agree to take it to CAS.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

To be fair irrespective of the chairman’s downfalls, the EFL should’ve had this dealt with months ago so for me this situation at the minute is entirely of there making 

To be fair, the decision to go to arbitration and covid may have had an effect on the time this has taken. 

I'd appeal the EFL and ask for the 21 point deduction to be turned into an extra 21 points for punitive and emotional damages. 

Then again better not, that's 2 more games we'd have to sit through and we've all been through enough already. 

Edited by Tommo_

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

True, in DC and Derby's owner, Morris, the EFL have picked extremely difficult fights. 

13 minutes ago, Zlin Owl said:

Just reading an article on bbc saying that it needs to be concluded by mid August due to EFL policy. Last part was interesting when talking about appeal duration etc

" It means there is now no guarantee the sanction could be applied next season, even if Wednesday were deducted points. "

bbc championship football

Just read that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53484188

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Let's be really honest.  DC can do no such thing without EFL's agreement to do so.

There is no scope for CAS in all of this, not a single thing.  Unless the EFL agree to take it to CAS.  

Had no clue that was the case 

Fair play , so essentially EFL are judge and jury ?

Edited by Guest

This is the price to be paid for ripping away the status of the FA from that of Ruling Body of English Football. Everyone has followed the money without recognising that the Money is the fly in the ointment. 

Yet the overarching problem appears to be is that no single body of football fans, the EPL, the EFL, the FA appear capable or indeed willing to front up to the mistakes and press the reset button. I live in hope that the game in England is not doomed to circling the plug hole; I light heartedly mentioned a few months ago we should consider making application to the SFA, not looking such a bad back up plan given the pantomime that is being played out at the moment. 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I may be wrong but I think we can appeal but it can’t go to CAS unless the EFL agree to that. 

Class,  you wouldn’t put money on EFL agreeing to that would you 😅