THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

The really worrying thing is, if we start next season in the Championship on minus 12, but end up in the bottom three without the minus 12 being taken into account, then, not only would we be relegated into League One, but I think the minus 12 points would be carried over into the next season - that is, the following season when we start in League One.

That really doesn’t bear thinking about, but, if we’re not able to strengthen the squad in the close season, is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, given our abysmally poor form over the second half of this season.

If we start on -12 and end up getting relegated that's the end of it. Otherwise it is double punishment

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

The really worrying thing is, if we start next season in the Championship on minus 12, but end up in the bottom three without the minus 12 being taken into account, then, not only would we be relegated into League One, but I think the minus 12 points would be carried over into the next season - that is, the following season when we start in League One.

That really doesn’t bear thinking about, but, if we’re not able to strengthen the squad in the close season, is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, given our abysmally poor form over the second half of this season.

The really really worrying thing. Is not just what you've said, which is all bollloxx, but that they make us change our name to Wednesday United, force us to sign only midgets and subject us to a zombie apocalypse at Christmas.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

give up mate

6 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

That doesn't make sense. How on earth can you start on minus 12 but minus 12 is not taken into account ?

lol

• Like 1

Just now, Hookowl said:

That doesn't make sense. How on earth can you start on minus 12 but minus 12 is not taken into account ?

lol

I think he's saying if we were 15pts behind at the end of the season, we get the 12pts back, relegated, and go again the following season on -12. But I also think he's incorrect. I think it's only for pts deducting during the season, so if a team is already being relegated and due to get pts deducted, they are applied the following season, presumably to prevent people gaming the system and using administration when they're already down to wipe the slate clean

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

lol

I think it makes perfect sense. If we have a bad season and end up in the bottom three in any event without the minus 12 being deducted, then effectively the 12 point deduction has no effect, so we would be escaping punishment.

isn’t that what was being considered in relation to Wigan - if they ended up in the bottom 3 anyway ( which obviously now they won’t ) the 12 point deduction would be carried forward to the next season 

• Like 1

If everyone keeps posting links to the same EFL statement then this thread will have no problem in reaching 1,000 posts! :ghoulguy:

37 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think a lot of it is who is making the decisions. With the personnel involved in planning, recruitment and decision making some clubs would thrive a lot better than others with navigating tricky embargo's. Last summer Bruce showed it could be achieved with some shrewd signings. 

The bottom line is it would suck to be in an embargo and I've been very vocal about how it has held us back in the past season or so. 

Fair points pal,  I do think Downes and Hughes if left to there own devises could unearth a couple of gems 

27 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

If you find that pile crap "really worrying" I wonder how you get through every day life 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I think it makes perfect sense. If we have a bad season and end up in the bottom three in any event without the minus 12 being deducted, then effectively the 12 point deduction has no effect, so we would be escaping punishment.

isn’t that what was being considered in relation to Wigan - if they ended up in the bottom 3 anyway ( which obviously now they won’t ) the 12 point deduction would be carried forward to the next season 

If we start the season with minus 12 that would be our punishment, if we then finish in the bottom three we would be relegated, if we don't then we wouldn't be relegated.

The punishment starts when the league starts, if we score enough points to stay up or if we don't score enough points to stay up is irrelevant. We have been punished once by the deduction, we can't be punished again. Wigan's scenario is completely different in that they are being deducted 12 points at the end of this season, the scenario you were talking about was us being deducted 12 points at the beginning of next season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I take it you didn't do any English classes at school.?