THE EFL HEARING THREAD

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone else 100% and completely lost with it all now ? 

Losing interest rapidly 

I tell myself numerous times a day "Feck it, I can't be arsed anymore".  5 minutes later I'm back & refreshing the thread. It's doing my head in.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

I tell myself numerous times a day "Feck it, I can't be arsed anymore".  5 minutes later I'm back & refreshing the thread. It's doing my head in.

yep I've given up on this twice already this week 

I don’t know if it’s losing interest actually ...  just taking offensive more and more on a daily basis as to how much were been mugged off here as fans 

This is some situation this, don’t think I’ve ever felt this way about football in general 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I don’t know if it’s losing interest actually ...  just taking offensive more and more on a daily basis as to how much were been mugged off here as fans 

This is some situation this, don’t think I’ve ever felt this way about football in general 

The game has gone mate. Supporters are just a nessasry evil. Money is a clubs number one priority. When it's deemed more important for a club to finish forth in the Prem than it is to win a cup, that sums up the mindset of owners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We chuck hard earned money at following this sport and we’re up against people here who think it’s acceptable to go into final game of season looking like relegation to be decided by high court lawyers 

I also don’t care before people start whining that Chansiri shouldn’t have broke the rules,  if he did , he did ,  get it frigging dealt with 

This is a disgrace 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We chuck hard earned money at following this sport and we’re up against people here who think it’s acceptable to go into final game of season looking like relegation to be decided by high court lawyers 

I also don’t care before people start whining that Chansiri shouldn’t have broke the rules,  if he did , he did ,  get it frigging dealt with 

This is a disgrace 

I may be jumping to conclusions here, but, I sense you're vexed. 

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’m just finding myself getting more and more pi$$ed off about this every day. We need to know where we stand, other teams need to know where they stand, EFL/Panel are a disgrace to keep it going on this long. 

Other clubs don't know where they stand, depends on when the points get deducted if any.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Other clubs don't know where they stand, depends on when the points get deducted if any.

that what I’m saying. Teams should know what they have to do on the last day of the season to stay up. It could alter tactics, team selection etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I may have read this wrong but I think the EFL statement said 12 pts deduction for Wigan this season automatically and no pts deduction for Owls or Derby this season.  This may mean pts deduction next season or suspended or no deduction.  I don’t have time but if someone could post the link then this will clarify this.  I haven’t read all the posts so I apologise if someone’s done this already. 

2 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I may have read this wrong but I think the EFL statement said 12 pts deduction for Wigan this season automatically and no pts deduction for Owls or Derby this season.  This may mean pts deduction next season or suspended or no deduction.  I don’t have time but if someone could post the link then this will clarify this.  I haven’t read all the posts so I apologise if someone’s done this already. 

The League continues to receive questions on a regular basis in respect of updates to ongoing proceedings involving the EFL and its member Clubs.

We recognise the desire amongst stakeholders, not least from our own members, but also their respective supporters and representatives of the media, for clarity on the current position.

At the point a Club is charged with misconduct, it is referred to an Independent Disciplinary Commission and from that point onwards, the format and timing of the proceedings are controlled by that of the Independent Commission. Our stated position and the policy agreed with our Clubs is that we do not pass any comment on these individual matters, other than to confirm the charges at the outset and the subsequent outcomes.  

The EFL is committed to announcing any final outcome promptly following notification of the decision by the relevant Independent Disciplinary Commission, giving consideration to the issues raised above and in accordance with its regulations.

Independent Disciplinary Commissions are well aware of the challenges for any Club that is subject to proceedings, and the need for clarity for financial and operational planning purposes, particularly ahead of the summer transfer window opening later this month.  In addition, there is also the consequential impact to consider on how any decisions may affect other Clubs within a division who require the same courtesy to plan with as much certainty as is practically possible. 

Equally, there are the operational pressures this presents the EFL, in areas such as fixture scheduling in the event any decision(s) change a divisional line-up.  In the specific case of Wednesday evening’s final round of Championship matches for season 2019/20, and any potential impact on divisional standings, relegation will be confirmed for the Clubs in 22nd, 23rd and 24th positions in the Championship table following the conclusion of those matches and will be subject to the resolution of any ongoing proceedings.  In the case of Wigan Athletic the 12-point sporting sanction, as a result of the Club entering administration, will apply immediately following the end of the game against Fulham but is subject to appeal. 

Nevertheless, the primary objective of any Independent Disciplinary Commission is to deal with cases expeditiously and fairly.

We will be providing no further comment on any ongoing proceedings at this

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

that what I’m saying. Teams should know what they have to do on the last day of the season to stay up. It could alter tactics, team selection etc. 

Exactly what Lee Bowyer was saying earlier.

48 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The game has gone mate. Supporters are just a nessasry evil. Money is a clubs number one priority. When it's deemed more important for a club to finish forth in the Prem than it is to win a cup, that sums up the mindset of owners. 

It's worse than that, for most clubs it's more important to finish 4th from bottom than win a cup. Absolutely tragic.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

That EFL statement just highlights to me that they just don’t get the impact that these decisions have on the supporters of those clubs involved.

I think they have bigger fish to fry such as div 1 and 2 clubs going out of business if fans can't come back at the start of next season.

40 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly what Lee Bowyer was saying earlier.

Lee Bowyer and the rest can get fuuucked. 

They’ve had 45 games to accrue enough points to say in the division. They can suck a fat diick relying on a 12 points deduction to stay up. They’ve been shiiit and after 46 games if they’re in the bottom 3 they deserve the pub league.

Shithouses

• Like 1
  • Haha 1