THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone who says they can’t see why Barnsley etc are a bit annoyed clearly aren’t wired up right 

Put that boot on the other foot and we would be absolutely up in arms and I don’t care if they’ve been poorest side in division and not got enough points,  if points was all it were down to they wouldn’t have a case to be moaning about 

Relegation decided by lawsuits.... Game has gone

I can see no other outcome to this if wigan or us gets relegated by an imposed penalty 

but as we never get penalties  we'll get off 

4 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Post of the whole thread!

Unfortunately your proposed system is too transparent for the EFL and many clubs to agree to.

Thanks, I might put together a detailed proposal and send it off to the EFL along with my CV. Quite fancy a new job.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Are they not 2 very different charges though ?  I don’t see what relevance Derby’s case has to ours to need a joint decision/announcement 

EFL are passing buck here, there’s a reason for the delay and they arnt prepared to tell anyone

Is it because they've lost? Put it this way I don't think they would be so quiet should they have won? I've been relatively confident from the moment Gibson sacked Woodgate, it suggested an admission that they were in trouble and had to get out of it through their own steam?

Edited by Jim

Surely the only team that will appeal if we don’t get deducted enough points to send us down will be the team that finishes 3rd from bottom? I hope that isn’t Barnsley, they need to finish bottom or 2nd from bottom so they don’t have a leg to stand on. 

The more this goes on the more I feel any adverse decision would be applied for next season.

would it be reasonable to deduct points on the eve of the final game? Or the day of the final game? Or after the final game has been played?

In a question of reasonableness, the EFL have left it too late to apply a deduction this season.

That is my thoughts any way.

Just now, Eastern said:

The more this goes on the more I feel any adverse decision would be applied for next season.

would it be reasonable to deduct points on the eve of the final game? Or the day of the final game? Or after the final game has been played?

In a question of reasonableness, the EFL have left it too late to apply a deduction this season.

That is my thoughts any way.

Yea that's my impression as well.

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone who says they can’t see why Barnsley etc are a bit annoyed clearly aren’t wired up right 

Put that boot on the other foot and we would be absolutely up in arms and I don’t care if they’ve been poorest side in division and not got enough points,  if points was all it were down to they wouldn’t have a case to be moaning about 

Relegation decided by lawsuits.... Game has gone

Not wired up right , I confess, because I always thought football was decided on the pitch, no I would not be angry , no more when Swindon were denied promotion. etc If football is decided by this way then I m off, the shambles lies with the authorities end of.

4 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Not wired up right , I confess, because I always thought football was decided on the pitch, no I would not be angry , no more when Swindon were denied promotion. etc If football is decided by this way then I m off, the shambles lies with the authorities end of.

Mate I completely agree it should never be settled off the field 

But this is the situation, and the grievance other clubs have with this for me is completely reasonable 

8 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Thanks, I might put together a detailed proposal and send it off to the EFL along with my CV. Quite fancy a new job.

Good luck on the interview, I went for a job there once but didn't get it.

A panel of three people interview you over the course of a few days and weeks.  One is the bloke who is also wants the job, one is the Football League representative, and the other is yourself a la Red Dwarf judgement.  All 3 have to approve you to get through to the next round, I only got 1 in 3 approval.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Good luck on the interview, I went for a job there once but didn't get it.

A panel of three people interview you over the course of a few days and weeks.  One is the bloke who is also wants the job, one is the Football League representative, and the other is yourself a la Red Dwarf judgement.  All 3 have to approve you to get through to the next round, I only got 1 in 3 approval.

Who approved you?

Guest Mcguigan
6 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Do the EFL respect their own so called "independent " panel if they just appeal if it does not go their way. That just makes a mockery out of the process.

How can it be "their own" if it's independent?:tango:

34 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t believe for a second that the IDC have heard the case and the EFL are still waiting for a verdict, no way not a chance 

The EFL have lost and have appealed and told everyone no comment until end of appeal 

Totally agree with your first paragraph, not so sure about the second.

The question is when will this season end, it's not going to be on Wednesday night....it won't be until Derby, Wigan and our cases are heard and any appeals heard, could be September

Imagine thinking that you have stopped up (eg. Luton) for one of the clubs to win their appeal and you to be relegated after you have built a championship club and spent your £s, meaning that you will breach FFP next year in league one and probably receive a points penalty after you have been promoted

This will never end if it is taken into next season

• Like 1

Just now, mogbad said:

Totally agree with your first paragraph, not so sure about the second.

If the delay was because the club were appealing do you honestly think that set of donkeys at the EFL would be on radio silence ?

My theory is they agreed on a points deduction but did so on the basis that we’d gain enough points in the remaining fixtures so the agreed deduction doesn’t send us down.

But because we’re so crap that agreed deduction now could relegate us and the panel/EFL don’t know what to do.

• Haha 2