THE EFL HEARING THREAD

6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

They want us to believe a decision hasn’t been made yet. 

Sorry, I don’t buy that

Neither do I, probably illegal, not to mention DC and Nick screaming from the rooftops.

Think they are busy working on a; wot do we do now yogi plan

I can understand that there may be a possibility of something behind the scenes that has made it difficult to release a definitive decision by now. What I don’t understand is why there seems to be a complete news blackout on the matter from both parties. We get the odd snippet from journalists who would have us believe they’ve an idea what’s happening and when but I’m not convinced. Surely the EFL must have an idea when they will make their next statement and surely club must have contacted the EFL and asked them when it can expect the statement? If the EFL are playing silly beggars, would it really hurt the club if they confirmed to us fans that they’d heard absolutely nothing and that those who purport to be ITK are talking out of their backsides?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Does anyone know why on earth they decided to bring the hearing forward?

I thought it was so that a decision could be made by the end of the season but that clearly is not the case

End of the season is the playoff final 

4 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

I can understand that there may be a possibility of something behind the scenes that has made it difficult to release a definitive decision by now. What I don’t understand is why there seems to be a complete news blackout on the matter from both parties. We get the odd snippet from journalists who would have us believe they’ve an idea what’s happening and when but I’m not convinced. Surely the EFL must have an idea when they will make their next statement and surely club must have contacted the EFL and asked them when it can expect the statement? If the EFL are playing silly beggars, would it really hurt the club if they confirmed to us fans that they’d heard absolutely nothing and that those who purport to be ITK are talking out of their backsides?

I dont understand why the Star haven't found out where the tribunal is, found out who is on it and done all the other things that real journalists in days gone bye used to do before googling was a 'thing' and if its not on google they cant be arsed to do it.

I guess I do understand...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Quadzilla said:

End of the season is the playoff final 

And..if they wait till then then we have 14 days to appeal which takes us into late August...when will the appeal be finished September.? lol

Edited by daveyboy66

26 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Just out of interest, what is the record number of pages for a thread on Owlstalk? Is this one going to hit 1000 with still none of us having a clue what is going on?

My fishing thread in the Owls Talk Other Sports section.

Come and join us and talk about all things fishing related.

*Another Shameless Plug*

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Do we have the possibility of a counter case here, adding to a delay? By that I mean could Mr Chansiri argue that with all this uncertainty impacting on the club and its staff, we have gone from 3rd and potential promotion to the Premier League, to mid-table in the Championship?

I think by the club saying the charges have no merit and will defend itself rigorously is the "counter case". 

And the next answer is, no its all Monks fault........... or summat. 

20 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its 249 days today since the EFL Charged was raised

Farce really. Didn’t forestieri get charged with a 6 game ban for the racist incident at Mansfield around 13 months after the offence allegedly took place? Think this was a FA charge rather than the EFL but nevertheless another situation whereby a footballing body are dragging out the process. 

Spoke to my cousin today about the case (he works in football finances, formerly of HMRC) and he reckons that EFL will wait until end of the season and then dock us as much as possible without relegating us - EFL don’t want an ongoing long case

against rich owners if they can avoid it. Could be loads of rubbish tho 

Edited by Tony Pulis

I just don’t buy the notion that there hasn’t been a decision yet. More likely that there has and it has been appealed by one party, probably the EFL.

I just don’t see us getting a points deduction this season that would relegate us.

I hope that we find some clarity once all this has come out of the wash as I have absolutely no trust in this process.