THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

Can they actually relegate us after the final table?

I believe so, they relegated Swindon to Division 1 after they won promotion to the premier league but on appeal they stopped in the championship,

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Can I be the first to say congratulations on the worst 500 page thread ever

Not yet

Just now, matt68owls said:

I believe so, they relegated Swindon to Division 1 after they won promotion to the premier league but on appeal they stopped in the championship,

Wasn’t that the year when we were in with a shout of going up / stopping up and spent all summer awaiting the outcome and they promoted Sunderland who finished sixth but lost the play off?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Wasn’t that the year when we were in with a shout of going up / stopping up and spent all summer awaiting the outcome and they promoted Sunderland who finished sixth but lost the play off?

1989/90 season, it was a throw up for a while if Wednesday stopped up or Sunderland took Swindon's place as losing finalists

Edited by matt68owls

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

image.png.77f77d936ba4ec3c681cb6f2f943b517.png

See that £21.445m loan waiver? You may take that back off again wrt trading profit/loss.

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

See that £21.445m loan waiver? You may take that back off again wrt trading profit/loss.

Ahhhhhh

Even so - MM was clearly not 'losing money hand over fist' as has been claimed. The losses were sustainable when set against the value of the club

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Ahhhhhh

Even so - MM was clearly not 'losing money hand over fist' as has been claimed. The losses were sustainable when set against the value of the club

If this was one of my investments, I too would’ve been looking to get out ASAP. It’s as close a description to “losing money hand over fist” you will ever see. Basically every pound of revenue through the turnstile generated a loss of 50p...

Mind you, it’s a hell of a lot worse now!

13 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

What I dont get is why are people banging on about relegated clubs will be miffed if this or that outcome etc etc

If they are in the bottom 3 then they deserve to be, c'est la vie bébé

It's because our overspending has given us a massive advantage this season

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1