THE EFL HEARING THREAD

46 minutes ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

Always amazed just how low their standards are, surely you proof read before submitting?

Careful, Careful, Careful..

Someone will be on your case for trashing the local journo's

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

My theory is they agreed on a points deduction but did so on the basis that we’d gain enough points in the remaining fixtures so the agreed deduction doesn’t send us down.

But because we’re so crap that agreed deduction now could relegate us and the panel/EFL don’t know what to do.

I had wondered the same but it really would be the worst course of action. Fixed penalties for breaches should be applied if breached. Otherwise the EFL will be derided even more than they already are.

Just to balance it out from me,  If the delay is down to DC/the club chasing an appeal just for the sake of delaying the inevitable I will be less than amused 

All round situation is beyond a joke 

30 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The question is when will this season end, it's not going to be on Wednesday night....it won't be until Derby, Wigan and our cases are heard and any appeals heard, could be September

Imagine thinking that you have stopped up (eg. Luton) for one of the clubs to win their appeal and you to be relegated after you have built a championship club and spent your £s, meaning that you will breach FFP next year in league one and probably receive a points penalty after you have been promoted

This will never end if it is taken into next season

They'll come a point in time where team's won't be relegated or promoted but be given financial penalties or compensation instead.

Like with the Blunts and West Ham.

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Just to balance it out from me,  If the delay is down to DC/the club chasing an appeal just for the sake of delaying the inevitable I will be less than amused 

All round situation is beyond a joke 

If the club or the EFL were appealing, the original decision from the independent panel would have still been reported. The same as Birmingham's was prior to the EFL appealing.

I just can’t see us been hit with a deduction this season now that sees us relegated. The Derby hearing hasn’t finished yet either.

More plausible we will get a deduction next season if any. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone who says they can’t see why Barnsley etc are a bit annoyed clearly aren’t wired up right 

Put that boot on the other foot and we would be absolutely up in arms and I don’t care if they’ve been poorest side in division and not got enough points,  if points was all it were down to they wouldn’t have a case to be moaning about 

Relegation decided by lawsuits.... Game has gone

The boot was on the other foot.... On more than one occassion

Swindon when we were relegated, Palace when we were relagated, being unable to play in Europe due to Liverpool.......

We werent really "up in arms" about any of those

• Like 1

Anyone who says they can’t see why Barnsley etc are a bit annoyed clearly aren’t wired up right 

Put that boot on the other foot and we would be absolutely up in arms and I don’t care if they’ve been poorest side in division and not got enough points,  if points was all it were down to they wouldn’t have a case to be moaning about 

If the players had done  the business on the field since the restart nobody would be bothered. 

Edited by akbuk
  • Like 6

akbuk said this and I agree but I also blame the inept Monk.

Only the Hull manager has a worse record sine XMS.

5 minutes ago, akbuk said:

If the players had done  the business on the field since the restart nobody would be bothered. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

If the club or the EFL were appealing, the original decision from the independent panel would have still been reported. The same as Birmingham's was prior to the EFL appealing.

Clearly that’s the way it’s supposed to go down,  I’m just not buying that there’s this much of a delay on the IDP’s decision ,  why on Earth didn’t the EFL put a time limit on it with the obvious ramifications and why did they show no urgency whatsoever to get the hearing underway , were they not forced to hurry it up by other clubs ?

Guest LondonOwl313

The way they see it it’s teams like us who are ‘cheating’ by overspending. Even if we take that as being true and forget all about the parachute payment situation, that line of argument would make more sense had the so called cheating occurred this season and directly impacted clubs such as Barnsley’s ability to compete, collect points and avoid relegation.

However, the truth of the matter if we’re found guilty is that we ‘cheated’ our way to a 15th place finish in 2017/18. So god knows why they think they’re due something to help them out in 2019/20 when we aren’t even cheating. It would make more sense for them to sue us for compensation for their relegation in 2017/18, the season in which the alleged offence took place.

Or maybe they should stop moaning and just accept the reason they’ve been relegated twice in the last 3 seasons is because they’re sh*t at football

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Clearly that’s the way it’s supposed to go down,  I’m just not buying that there’s this much of a delay on the IDP’s decision ,  why on Earth didn’t the EFL put a time limit on it with the obvious ramifications and why did they show no urgency whatsoever to get the hearing underway , were they not forced to hurry it up by other clubs ?

Regarding putting a time limit on the IDP's decision, I would guess that leaves it open for an appeal on the grounds it had been rushed without giving due consideration to all relevant facts (although we don't know what these are).

I agree with you regarding why the EFL have shown no urgency in getting the hearing underway. That just doesn't make sense as we were charged last year.

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

The way they see it it’s teams like us who are ‘cheating’ by overspending. Even if we take that as being true and forget all about the parachute payment situation, that line of argument would make more sense had the so called cheating occurred this season and directly impacted clubs such as Barnsley’s ability to compete, collect points and avoid relegation.

However, the truth of the matter if we’re found guilty is that we ‘cheated’ our way to a 15th place finish in 2017/18. So god knows why they think they’re due something to help them out in 2019/20 when we aren’t even cheating. It would make more sense for them to sue us for compensation for their relegation in 2017/18, the season in which the alleged offence took place.

Or maybe they should stop moaning and just accept the reason they’ve been relegated twice in the last 3 seasons is because they’re sh*t at football

Maybe they are planning to take 5 years + like UEFA did with city, so the penalty is expired

Does anyone think they are going to wait until the Derby case has finished before announcing our verdict so it doesn't influence theirs?

I know both have their own independent commisions but both cases are very similar.

If we are found not guilty, Derby will be in uproar if they are. If we are found guilty eveyone will expect them to be found guilty!