THE EFL HEARING THREAD

I think results over the weekend have given the EFL a perfect opportunity, should the panel rule in their favour.

Stiff us with a 9 point deduction, add to that Wigan's 12 point deduction, and we go to the last game with a proper bun fight between us 2, Birmingham, Charlton and 'Boro. The EFL will no doubt say this is fair. Those clubs in the bottom 3 cannot complain, and they are seen as a reputable, trusted body, able to make the requisite punishments.

That said, I, like everyone else have no idea as to what might take place, but i could see the above scenario happening.

51 minutes ago, Grandad said:

None taken 🙂

Club accounts under Mandaric show this;

2010 - (3.8m)

2011 - 15.7m

2012 - (5.1m)

2013 - (3.7m)

2014 - (5.5m)

Overall deficit in trading of £2.4m

^^ we lose that every month now.

I have no qualms with this. Its more the longevity of this approach.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He would have sold it to the first one who plonked the dosh in his bank account.

Worse, he even offered up a sweetener in the form Free advertising 'Azerbaijan Land of Fire' and all those wasted shirts. The Milan/Mammadov deal even had me convinced until I started hearing vibes that Oligarchs were not at all happy with Mammadov's Playboy life style and they pulled the plug and grounded him for some Baku rehabilitation. We were so fortunate to come across a genuine nice guy as our new owner.      

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

If DC has decided that we are going to appeal then it makes sense for the EFL to wait until next season before making a statement... that way the new season will have started and the relegated sides will have started in Lge One

If league 1 starts next season :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It all depends what value you place on 200 years of History... Leeds didn't value it at all consequently this is the third version of Leeds.

that's nothing Derby have changed their name 3 times in 3 years, from Derby County to Frank Lampard's Derby County to Wayne Rooney's Derby County. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

The two are generally mutually exclusive. His time here was limited. Do you think this approach could have gone on forever without the inevitable backlash against perceived lack of investment?

Urgent lack of investment too. When I sat on the 'Wednesdayite Board' it was they who sanctioned the purchase of certain items of physio rehab equipment because old tight arse had refused. 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl