THE EFL HEARING THREAD

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Anyone else finding themselves struggling to concentrate on anything else apart from this bloody hearing and what might happen to us. Proper sad case I am. 

I’m getting sick of hearing about it this it’s  been a millstone round our necks for too long. Which ever way the verdict goes will be glad when it’s done and we can just move on as a club (hopefully but understand appeals may drag this on a while yet).
Just always seems there’s something with Wednesday embargoes, EFL investigations, Hillsborough disaster court cases, managers ******** off to other clubs in pre season. Some of those issues are of our own making but does feel like sometimes we are cursed.

Edited by swfc1983

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Prob already been said...if anyone missed it..

According to Derbyshire times...via the star.

The case is concluded and the efl are waiting on the panel verdict...unlikely to be today.

You're right it has, weeks ago.

Meanwhile....1 game to go.

6 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

The case is concluded and the efl are waiting on the panel verdict...unlikely to be today.

That's been the case for weeks

We don't need to know that info

What we need to know is WHY it's taking so long.
What's holding it up exactly?
Who's responsible for the delay?

That's what we need to know

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Is that woman on the panel from Open All Hours, Mavis? Can never make her mind up what she wants 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

If that really is the case, it’s then obvious it wasn’t a straight forward case. 

Also

They probably are seeing what the Derby hearing came up with....

From the Guardian ,just now.

At least two Championship clubs are set to face an agonising wait over whether they will drop into League One even if they finish in the relegation zone because of outstanding disciplinary cases regarding Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby. The fate of several clubs hinges on the outcome of three independent hearings, none of which is expected before the final league matches on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Good luck on the interview, I went for a job there once but didn't get it.

A panel of three people interview you over the course of a few days and weeks.  One is the bloke who is also wants the job, one is the Football League representative, and the other is yourself a la Red Dwarf judgement.  All 3 have to approve you to get through to the next round, I only got 1 in 3 approval.

Yep, went through the same process, wasn't as lucky as you, dint get any approvals.

3 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

This one could run and run

The regular season ends on Wednesday but the “transfer of membership”, when the 2019-20 season will be formally concluded by the EFL, will take place after the Championship play-off final on 4 August. 

This is where we’re at I think ,  clubs in limbo until next month 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's been the case for weeks

We don't need to know that info

What we need to know is WHY it's taking so long.
What's holding it up exactly?
Who's responsible for the delay?

That's what we need to know

Soz

I didn't know it was over weeks ago..who told you it was? Never saw anything on here it was...thought there was no info coming out.

Way I read it, seems to me it's not been over long.

1 minute ago, OwlsItGoing said:

What I don't understand is if we were to have been found guilty then we probably would've already heard the outcome by now. There would have been no logical reason to have kept it quiet for so long 

also surely it would have been leaked.