THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I just don’t buy the notion that there hasn’t been a decision yet. More likely that there has and it has been appealed by one party, probably the EFL.

If that were the case, our chairman and our brief would go apeshyte, and everybody in the world would know..(except the star)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I just don’t buy the notion that there hasn’t been a decision yet. More likely that there has and it has been appealed by one party, probably the EFL.

I just don’t see us getting a points deduction this season that would relegate us.

I hope that we find some clarity once all this has come out of the wash as I have absolutely no trust in this process. 

If the decision has been made, the Tribunal would have to tell the EFL their findings, they would have tell their members, ie the rest of the teams in the league, that's a lot of people for it not to be leaked, especially if some teams don't like the decision.

for that reason i don't think the decision has been made

agree that the points deduction, if we lose, will be next season

Guest Grandad

The decision will come after 10pm on Wednesday evening

When all bets are off for the betting companies

More corruption from the EFL

Just now, the third man said:

If the decision has been made, the Tribunal would have to tell the EFL their findings, they would have tell their members, ie the rest of the teams in the league, that's a lot of people for it not to be leaked, especially if some teams don't like the decision.

for that reason i don't think the decision has been made

agree that the points deduction, if we lose, will be next season

Something just stinks about the whole process to me. We get charged in November and we should’ve been brought to account much earlier than this even taking into account Covid19.

The hearing was initially set for July and was only brought forward as the EFL were put under pressure from other clubs. The whole process seems very blasé to me which has only fuelled my belief that the efl weren’t confident after our counter claim and charge against them. Which has then lent me to think that there may have been a decision and the efl are trying to appeal trying to save face.

But ye, I do think that if I’m wrong and we do get a sizeable points deduction than surely this will be applied next season. You also need to take into account the Derby hearing which hasn’t been finalised yet and I also think it would be grossly unfair if our penalty was applied this season and there’s next season. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Betfair have already settled on staying up!

Does their Ts and Cs allow for points deductions??

1 hour ago, Hotten Owl said:

Just out of interest, what is the record number of pages for a thread on Owlstalk? Is this one going to hit 1000 with still none of us having a clue what is going on?

Funnily enough we discussed this very thing about two hundred pages ago :laugh:

(I think the answer was something like the COVID thread having 1900 pages?)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Do we really believe the EFL are still waiting for an answer from the panel? Surely the panel would have realised there is 1 game left and actually realised a decision has to be made pretty quickly. 

Why...the sooner the decision is made the sooner either us or the EFL can appeal which would then have the bottom three on their backs...far better to do it next month then any appeals would drag into next season by which time the relegated clubs would have played games in Lge 1

Guest The Horse

Maybe they came to the decision ages back but went to Wetherspoons for after work drinks, got hammered on a massive sesh and nobody could remember what they said in the morning.