Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

3 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Zohore will arrive end of window? Or before wba now looking to sign grant from  Huddersfield so can’t see zohore even making match day squad? They’ll take 25k a week of us cus it’s better than nothing as long as we don’t go any higher be happy to wait? Also think he won’t be the only one who arrives on loan, if it’s not zohore hope we got something else up our sleeve ? Paterson will adddress certain areas we are lacking but defo need another aswell? 

Town are in need of a striker more than we are , think Zahore will end up there as part of the deal for Grant. 

1 hour ago, nethertonowl said:

Town are in need of a striker more than we are , think Zahore will end up there as part of the deal for Grant. 

If we not gona pay more than 25 a week can’t see hudds going above or anywhere near that? You might be right but can’t see it myself? Truth is he might not end up going anywhere if wba won’t budge? Still put my money on us above hudds well we’ll see? Hope we av another target just in case

3 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

I remember at least one, one on one chance in both first halves in our last two league games. You bemoan the lack of chances created, yet you belittle the impact and effectiveness Murphy had from out wide, and you overlook that we created chances last season and are still creating chances this season.

I do think we have issues with the current formation, without Murphy or someone similar, it doesn't suit us but we are creating chances from midfield. Murphy or someone similar or Sanderson would give us better balance if we persist with 3-5-2.

Playing the current formation, our most consistent and effective wide player last season was easily Murphy, and for large parts of it, he was our main attacking threat. We haven't replaced his effectiveness or goal threat yet. 

Our biggest threat was fletcher who never got replaced

2 hours ago, Mick70 said:

If we not gona pay more than 25 a week can’t see hudds going above or anywhere near that? You might be right but can’t see it myself? Truth is he might not end up going anywhere if wba won’t budge? Still put my money on us above hudds well we’ll see? Hope we av another target just in case

Can we find the next Tammy Abraham ?, Would be just what we need , in the way he did in his spell at Bristol City.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Pretty scathing from Khan...basically saying he's not good enough and is being replaced.   

He does look well out of his depth. I think top end Championship is being a little kind to him also. He's a decent Championship defender, nothing more. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

He does look well out of his depth. I think top end Championship is being a little kind to him also. He's a decent Championship defender, nothing more. 

I can’t think of many who were better than him when he was with us.

Ben White is an obvious one, potentially Kyle Bartley but, right up there IMO.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Fulham need to defend better as a team. They are usually quite an open team and focus on the attacking side of the game which always makes it more difficult for the centre halves. The whole team is leaving gaps that even our second team would’ve made more of on another day 

I often think the same about us! When we’re all working hard we look solid, but too often our midfield seems vacant despite having 3/5 in there with two hard working forwards. 

3 hours ago, mark.flem said:

As I have said before, how many successful loans did he have before coming to us? Pretty average at most of them, which is why we got him

He did well with us, maybe we were the perfect place for him....but after Fulham paying c£5m that ship has sailed.

Sounds like a season on the bench for him if they sign replacements and maybe loaned out to someone like Derby in January.....so a continuation of his career to date. Pity as he seemed to be a good lad when with us

45 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

As I have said before, how many successful loans did he have before coming to us? Pretty average at most of them, which is why we got him

He did well with us, maybe we were the perfect place for him....but after Fulham paying c£5m that ship has sailed.

Sounds like a season on the bench for him if they sign replacements and maybe loaned out to someone like Derby in January.....so a continuation of his career to date. Pity as he seemed to be a good lad when with us

Agree.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat, but suspect his wage unattainable, never mind a fee. 

Shame for him, spent much of last season watching from the sidelines until he was eligible to play too.