Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

8 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Cos he was a lot older and wanted 35k a week? 

Way off the mark, deal agreed of 26k when lock down started Fletcher was told club had to take the offer off the table, don't know what revised offer was but I know he's on 15k at Stoke. 

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

Way off the mark, deal agreed of 26k when lock down started Fletcher was told club had to take the offer off the table, don't know what revised offer was but I know he's on 15k at Stoke. 

Thought we offered the same money as Stoke , but they offered an extra year ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Me neither... If we are stumping up 25k then why let Fletch go?

I'm not advocating paying £25k/week for Zohore...but didn't we try to keep Fletcher, but he decided to move on else where?

Who knows what we were offering him, and also the length of deal?

We may well have been happy to offer Fletcher £25k/week for an additional deal, but Stoke could well have offered him less but on a longer deal.

There's lot of factors. But if you're trying to use the fact Fletcher decided to leave the club, as a reason for not paying £25k/week for a loan deal on Zohore, I think it's hugely unfair on the club.

• Like 1

I just hope we're now sensible enough as to not upset the apple cart and cause waves in the dressing room because of money. If we think it's too much then we have to move on, or leave it as our final offer. WBA know we need a striker and their probably playing a bit of hardball. 

DC is poo hot at it though.lol

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Random questions to get peoples thoughts but..... would people now take Wickham back ??

Yes i know his fitness issues but.... he got himself fit in lockdown and wants to play for the club. Can we really say a lot of players would want that ??

Fond memories of him, but too slow and can't stay fit.

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Random questions to get peoples thoughts but..... would people now take Wickham back ??

Yes i know his fitness issues but.... he got himself fit in lockdown and wants to play for the club. Can we really say a lot of players would want that ??

i thought he was rubbish last time out so with the wages he will be on its a no from me.