Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

41 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I think we will even after signing Paterson

22 minutes ago, prowl said:

The loan market does tend to happen late in the window.

This is what I’m holding out for, we won’t get away with such a lack of quality in attacking positions, as Saturday showed, so I’m hoping that’s when we do our best business. Failure to do so, like last season, and you can expect the same results

• Like 1

Zohore will arrive end of window? Or before wba now looking to sign grant from  Huddersfield so can’t see zohore even making match day squad? They’ll take 25k a week of us cus it’s better than nothing as long as we don’t go any higher be happy to wait? Also think he won’t be the only one who arrives on loan, if it’s not zohore hope we got something else up our sleeve ? Paterson will adddress certain areas we are lacking but defo need another aswell? 

10 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Zohore will arrive end of window? Or before wba now looking to sign grant from  Huddersfield so can’t see zohore even making match day squad? They’ll take 25k a week of us cus it’s better than nothing as long as we don’t go any higher be happy to wait? Also think he won’t be the only one who arrives on loan, if it’s not zohore hope we got something else up our sleeve ? Paterson will adddress certain areas we are lacking but defo need another aswell? 

personally think it’s time we moved on from Zohore, 25k a week is a lot of money for a loan player and the fact he is injured meaning he probably won’t be first team ready for a while. Hopefully we have other targets lined up because like you say we definitely need another striker as well as Paterson. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Good old Nixon seems to think that on Oct 5th at 11PM the premier league clubs can only buy, sell and loan players to the EFL and vice versa. so after this time there will be no transfers between premier league clubs

If that is true can see some panic buys from the premier league bottom teams for players like Benrahma, Grant, Cantwell, Pukki etc up until 16th Oct

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

This is what I’m holding out for, we won’t get away with such a lack of quality in attacking positions, as Saturday showed, so I’m hoping that’s when we do our best business. Failure to do so, like last season, and you can expect the same results

Our stand out player from last season was Murphy, who hasn't yet been replaced. Brown in my eyes was a quality signing. Hopefully we'll get a few more like that. I quite like us looking for bargains and loanees, instead of expensive flops with little resale value. Hopefully we'll stay up and have a good platform for the current coaching staff or a new manager to build from next season. 

From the Premier League site. No confusion here on dates.

Window will open for 10 weeks from 27 July to 5 October with domestic-only window for EFL clubs until 11 October.

Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 17:00 BST on 16 October.

During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations).  

28 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Our stand out player from last season was Murphy, who hasn't yet been replaced. Brown in my eyes was a quality signing. Hopefully we'll get a few more like that. I quite like us looking for bargains and loanees, instead of expensive flops with little resale value. Hopefully we'll stay up and have a good platform for the current coaching staff or a new manager to build from next season. 

When we resumed he was the best player, pre lockdown he was pretty bad. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

We are still struggling to create anything clear cut. I'm not sure it matters whos up top if those behind and on the sides aren't creating anything. 

7 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

We are still struggling to create anything clear cut. I'm not sure it matters whos up top if those behind and on the sides aren't creating anything. 

Then why didn't they put away the chances created against Watford and Bristol City in the first halves? Bannan and Brown are among the most creative players at this level. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Watching highlights, Windass chance with ball whipped in was a great chance. Has to hit the target. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Then why didn't they put away the chances created against Watford and Bristol City in the first halves? Bannan and Brown are among the most creative players at this level. 

I did say "clear cut" and we didn't have any of those on Saturday or against Watford. Windass maybe the best chance in both games but that was only half of one as he arrived too late, which was also created by Kachunga. Don't get me wrong, I do think we need some more "forwards" but also more creativity from wide positions.

We are currently 3rd bottom on total shots stats, drawing blanks will continue with this 3-5-2/5-4-1 or whatever it is unless we get proper wingbacks putting in proper crosses. 

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

I did say "clear cut" and we didn't have any of those on Saturday or against Watford. Windass maybe the best chance in both games but that was only half of one as he arrived late, which was also created by Kachunga. Don't get me wrong, I do think we need some more "forwards" but also more creativity from wide positions.

We are currently 3rd bottom on total shots stats, drawing blanks will continue with this 3-5-2/5-4-1 or whatever it is unless we get proper wingbacks putting in proper crosses. 

I remember at least one, one on one chance in both first halves in our last two league games. You bemoan the lack of chances created, yet you belittle the impact and effectiveness Murphy had from out wide, and you overlook that we created chances last season and are still creating chances this season.

I do think we have issues with the current formation, without Murphy or someone similar, it doesn't suit us but we are creating chances from midfield. Murphy or someone similar or Sanderson would give us better balance if we persist with 3-5-2.

Playing the current formation, our most consistent and effective wide player last season was easily Murphy, and for large parts of it, he was our main attacking threat. We haven't replaced his effectiveness or goal threat yet. 

Edited by The Night-Owl