Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

23 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Longer we continue to fanny about, the more desperate the situation and the price clubs will put on players heads. Yet again, and as ever we are the makers of our own downfall!

It would be better to get players in asap considering starting the season on minus points but deals can still be made between the top flight and EFL clubs domestically, around a week or so after the closing of the window.

It's far from ideal but it is what is, we're paying the cost of past mistakes but at least we're seemingly being more sensible, even if it was enforced and hopefully things work out in the long run.

I think generally our recruitment as been smarter in the last few windows, hope we continue to be astute, and personally I'd rather us target bargains like Iorfa, smart loans like Brown and players with resale value like FDB.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Longer we continue to fanny about, the more desperate the situation and the price clubs will put on players heads. Yet again, and as ever we are the makers of our own downfall!

Depends really, if clubs are wanting to get players off the wage bill or need to get younger players out on loan then it could be to our advantage to wait.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

In a way that's why Zohore is a bit worrying. By all accounts he's useless in the air for a big lad. He won't contribute anywhere near the level of a Fletcher in terms of build up play.

Actually he might. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not necessarily championing him, but he is the best of those we’re linked with Price wise, I don’t know, but if we are to lazy to look overseas, we may have to pay a premium. You’re right, he isn’t great in the air, but neither was Nuhiu, but he’s good enough to put away the headers Dave did. He does have a bit of pace though, and he’s good at the link play. Neither of those were Fletcher’s strong points

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Depends really, if clubs are wanting to get players off the wage bill or need to get younger players out on loan then it could be to our advantage to wait.

Becomes more and of a desperate lottery the further it goes on. Clear issue with where goals would come from before the start of the season. Had we taken the lead with the run of play in our previous two matches then possibly we would be looking at more than 4 points from 9. Longer this goes on the further behind we are likely to get. Chances of getting better players diminishes and the bargaining hand of the club is weakened in any negotiations. Club asleep at the wheel for the past four months. As ever!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Actually he might. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not necessarily championing him, but he is the best of those we’re linked with Price wise, I don’t know, but if we are to lazy to look overseas, we may have to pay a premium. You’re right, he isn’t great in the air, but neither was Nuhiu, but he’s good enough to put away the headers Dave did. He does have a bit of pace though, and he’s good at the link play. Neither of those were Fletcher’s strong points

I really don't think heading is his strong point. According to this he's only scored 1 header in his life. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/83621/History/Kenneth-Zohore

It'd be a mistake to use him as a target man and one that would make him less effective than Jordan Rhodes. If we signed Zohore our link up play would have to involve cutting through balls behind the defence, play making and low crosses. Nothing in the air, no aerial duels, no lumping it up to him. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I agree, it isn’t despite his size. 

He isn’t a target man he has good pace for a big unit he good with his back to goal and like to run into through balls. Agree should win a lot more in the air for his size but Paterson being brought in for that role ( if we ever get it over the line!!) disagree about fletchers link up play thought he was quite good? Always brought others into the game. Lack of pace and staying fit was only downside to fletcher and that’s why he didn’t play for one of big clubs in premier 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

TBF Most clubs are skint and have no income coming in so selling is necessary everyone  is  worried if they can survive many more months of this.

Kasper Junker is the latest striker to be linked with Derby County as the Rams search to boost their attacking options before the transfer window closes. 

The 26-year-old plays for Bodo/Glimt in the Eliteserien, Norway's top division.

Bodo/Glimt sit top of the table and Junker has scored 12 goals in 14 league appearances this season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

QPR in talks to sign Andre Green. 

He’s the sort of player who wouldn’t necessary cure our ills, but if you already had a decent set of strikers, might be worth taking a punt on

Is he a free

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’s the sort of player who wouldn’t necessary cure our ills, but if you already had a decent set of strikers, might be worth taking a punt on

Is he a free

Green is currently a free-agent after leaving Aston Villa when his contract expired in the summer of 2020

• Like 1

Looks like Watford are at it again in the transfer window transfer players to Udinese a team owned by the father of the Watford chairman and this morning they have announced the signing of a central defender from Udinese on an undisclosed fee. I do hope the EFL are doing the proper checks and making sure any fee paid or received are reasonable for the standard of players.

Watford were the reason the player loan laws got changed, when they loaned most of the their first team players from Udinese on very good terms to then help them get promoted then signed them once in the Premier league (Fessi was one of these)

If the EFL always talking about league integrity, I do hope all of the transfers are being properly check because I bet if DC father owned an Italian club ever single transfer would be check for us with a fine tooth comb.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Looks like Watford are at it again in the transfer window transfer players to Udinese a team owned by the father of the Watford chairman and this morning they have announced the signing of a central defender from Udinese on an undisclosed fee. I do hope the EFL are doing the proper checks and making sure any fee paid or received are reasonable for the standard of players.

Watford were the reason the player loan laws got changed, when they loaned most of the their first team players from Udinese on very good terms to then help them get promoted then signed them once in the Premier league (Fessi was one of these)

If the EFL always talking about league integrity, I do hope all of the transfers are being properly check because I bet if DC father owned an Italian club ever single transfer would be check for us with a fine tooth comb.

Don't see anything wrong if done properly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't understand why transfers of players between clubs where owners have a common  financial interest are allowed at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, striker said:

I don't understand why transfers of players between clubs where owners have a common  financial interest are allowed at all.

I don't understand why fees are allowed to be undisclosed what do they have to hide it should be £xm fee + add ons. But instead undisclosed makes it sound like they have something to hide.

I still cannot believe the club, FA or EFL or EPL, did jack poo on Hirst signing for LCFC feeder club in Belgium, then signing for them 12 months later, avoiding a compensation fee and circumventing the rules set up by the governing bodies to stop EPL teams hoovering up all the young players for nothing.

• Like 2