Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Random questions to get peoples thoughts but..... would people now take Wickham back ??

Yes i know his fitness issues but.... he got himself fit in lockdown and wants to play for the club. Can we really say a lot of players would want that ??

Less than two weeks ago, Hodgson said of Wickham:

'Christian Benteke and Connor Wickham took part today - though Connor's (training) is more modified.'

Given what we saw of him last season and the fact that he's only just returning to some form of training, I'd steer clear.

There's a player in there, but whether his body will hold up long enough for that to be evident again, I'm not sure. I don't think we can afford to take a chance on him.

• Like 2

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Less than two weeks ago, Hodgson said of Wickham:

'Christian Benteke and Connor Wickham took part today - though Connor's (training) is more modified.'

Given what we saw of him last season and the fact that he's only just returning to some form of training, I'd steer clear.

There's a player in there, but whether his body will hold up long enough for that to be evident again, I'm not sure. I don't think we can afford to take a chance on him.

Wickham is a busted flush. Lucky to get 15 games a season out of him. We need to stay well clear of bringing him back here.

• Like 2

Derby County are being linked with a move for SV Darmstadt striker Serdar Dursun, as per a report by Turkish news outlet Hurriyet. 

The Rams could see the 6ft 3inc striker as someone to boost their attacking options.

Dursun, who is 28 years old, has been with Darmstadt for the past two years and has scored 30 goals in 74 appearances for the 2. Bundesliga side.

Just now, Bloxwich Owl said:

Derby County are being linked with a move for SV Darmstadt striker Serdar Dursun, as per a report by Turkish news outlet Hurriyet. 

The Rams could see the 6ft 3inc striker as someone to boost their attacking options.

Dursun, who is 28 years old, has been with Darmstadt for the past two years and has scored 30 goals in 74 appearances for the 2. Bundesliga side.

the type of market I thought we might have been shopping in. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Weren't people advocating buying Murphy for £3M...if we could afford that we can afford Zohore's wages

I'd sooner spend 3 million on a player knowing that he becomes ours

Than contribute 3 million to the wages of a player who belongs to another club

I've said for a long time, loans should be abolished

Loans allow rich clubs to stockpile players

Clubs like Chelsea having 60 plus players out on loan is obscene and it's killing football

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Derby County could be set to make a shock move for West Bromwich Albion striker Charlie Austin according to Derbyshire Live.

The Rams have been linked with Keinan Davis in recent weeks but with the forward having signed a new long-term deal with Aston Villa any deal for him looks to be dead in the water.

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Random questions to get peoples thoughts but..... would people now take Wickham back ??

Yes i know his fitness issues but.... he got himself fit in lockdown and wants to play for the club. Can we really say a lot of players would want that ??

No

25 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Derby County could be set to make a shock move for West Bromwich Albion striker Charlie Austin according to Derbyshire Live.

The Rams have been linked with Keinan Davis in recent weeks but with the forward having signed a new long-term deal with Aston Villa any deal for him looks to be dead in the water.

Think Derby are more desperate than we are for a striker

On 04/09/2020 at 19:14, swfcjam said:

Serdar Dursun from Darmstadt. Scored 19 in 36 games as they finished 5th in bundesliga 2. 28 years old and has only 1 year left on his contract. He is valued at £1.35m on transfermarket. He has been linked with some top Turkish teams tho. Sounds ideal to me but this isn’t football manager. 

Derby must of read my summary and liked the sound of him 😂

• Haha 1