Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really. Pedro is very highly rated, he won’t be at Watford for long.

Gonna say, he played a full season in the Brazilian prem at age 17. Which is a crazy achievement. It's not like he's come into the Champ as this unproven unexpectedly good talent. 

I mean you can't measure Charles Hagan against someone like that. Our youngsters going on loan to places like Morecambe and stuff in the last couple of seasons. Not on the same level as Joao Pedro, no shock really. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really. Pedro is very highly rated, he won’t be at Watford for long.

Is anyone at Watford for very long ?  Apart from Troy Deeney 

23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Class above any of ours I’m afraid.

Cornish saying ‘summer and winter em’ then I’ll decide if they’re good or not. Pedro looked good tonight but there’s a season ahead yet. 

Then again I could be feeling positive, as I do every summer before the season starts, until the ball is kicked then it’s back to shouting at the tv. 

On 06/09/2020 at 08:57, Jim said:

Bizarrely Joao is the sort of striker we could do with now. Once again he’s a player we didn’t manage or use as well as we might have done. 

Lukuhay got the best out of him. In fact he forged a partnership between him and Nuhiu that was successful and then for some reason ditched it early on in his second season here. If he hadn’t things might be a lot different to what they are now? 

That decision of Jos was the 1 couldn't understand.

Found a partnership that worked then broke it up.

• Like 1

I think anymore signings are likely to be Loans or Frees. I don’t see us carrying much baggage beyond this season for obvious reasons. 

I also still expect Monk to be hoping that the likes of Hunt, Shaw, Grant etc. emerge  as genuine first team prospects that may make his job easier going forward?

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I think anymore signings are likely to be Loans or Frees. I don’t see us carrying much baggage beyond this season for obvious reasons. 

I also still expect Monk to be hoping that the likes of Hunt, Shaw, Grant etc. emerge  as genuine first team prospects that may make his job easier going forward?

You might be right, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve had a change of plan. After bidding £1m for Leko, I rather hoped we’d be looking for a similar wide attacker, who could also play off the shoulder of a target man. Perhaps now Adedoyin, who was originally earmarked for the U23s, might now be the cheaper option to fulfil that role.

18 hours ago, gurujuan said:

You might be right, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve had a change of plan. After bidding £1m for Leko, I rather hoped we’d be looking for a similar wide attacker, who could also play off the shoulder of a target man. Perhaps now Adedoyin, who was originally earmarked for the U23s, might now be the cheaper option to fulfil that role.

I heard the bid we had accepted was less than a million, but Birmingham came in with their bid of £1 million and we withdrew.