Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

The whole Carlos midfield was about technique but when SH didn’t play and sometimes even when he did we could get our battled. Always hated that.

In our first season under Carlos we did better with Alex Lopez behind Bannan and Lee than Hutch. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Morsy would be a nice addition, but like others I dont really have a problem with our central midfield.

Big fan of Luongo

Big fan of Hunt

FDB looks very promising

For me, not a priority right now. 

Agree on this, and i reckon that Luongo is aggressive without being, over the top look at me ref type of aggressive

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I feel we’ve got a good balance in Luongo Bannan and Brown  

Really could be a great midfield 3, and I’m a massive fan of Alex Hunt 

It’s a footballing side’s midfield, meaning that they are all comfortable on the ball, and all can be creative, but with just a bit in there, so that they won’t get rolled over Our midfield could be a great strength this season, if we decide to play through it

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It’s a footballing side’s midfield, meaning that they are all comfortable on the ball, and all can be creative, but with just a bit in there, so that they won’t get rolled over Our midfield could be a great strength this season, if we decide to play through it

Still not sure we have enough aggression in that midfield. All good players but no real ball winners. Could be a promble but we shall see

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Before coming here Luongo had the best tackling stats in the league at qpr 

Interesting I didn’t know that. Thought he has looked a bit weak in that department. Perhaps we are yet to seethe best of him?

Think we have to accept for the first 4 League games before the international break and window closing that it’s going to be the current squad, without Dunkley.

They need to battle and fight hard for as many points as they can get before more players arrive to help out. 

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Think we have to accept for the first 4 League games before the international break and window closing that it’s going to be the current squad, without Dunkley.

They need to battle and fight hard for as many points as they can get before more players arrive to help out. 

True. Sadly I also think there's an element of them being hung out to dry with this being a reality. I don't expect us to get more than 3-5 points from those 4 games. 

17 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

True. Sadly I also think there's an element of them being hung out to dry with this being a reality. I don't expect us to get more than 3-5 points from those 4 games. 

I just hope come May and the end of the season we don't get relegated by 1 or 2 points that if we had gone and got strikers in to score goals from the 1st game of the season, we could have got more points.

When you need at least 60 points (20 wins) in the season to stay in the league doing that over 46 games instead of 40-42 in going to give you more chance. And of course this is the assumption that any strikers brought in are match fit and ready to go, we remember when we signed Hooper it took 3 months to get fit or Wickham had it not been for Co-Vid he never would have been fit.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Like him a lot, but fairly content with our central midfield ,  Bannan Luongo and Brown with FDB and young Hunt I think we’re looking decent 

Likewise I'm pleased with our midfield and defence. But I think we may still add to our midfield and defence, once we have brought in an attacker or two. We can still make up to around another three loan signings. I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in a ball playing deep playmaker or ball winner to sit in front of the defence, if we're to persist with 3-5-2. Creatively our midfield looks good, especially if we can get our creaters further up the pitch and get runners for them to play in.