Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

If we can pull off the signing of Zohore, that will give our attack some sort of focal point. If it’s a loan, does that leave us with two more loan options? We want Murphy, although that now looks unlikely, and it appears Monk wants a quick young striker to join the group. Simmonds was touted, but the manager said we couldn’t agree a wage deal with him, so we might have to go down the loan route again. 
Other potential loan signings that we’ve been linked with, Garner, who was due to make his decision today, Sanderson, Clarke-Salter and Nathan Holland. We obviously can’t sign all of those, so who do we reckon it will be

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

If we can pull off the signing of Zohore, that will give our attack some sort of focal point. If it’s a loan, does that leave us with two more loan options? We want Murphy, although that now looks unlikely, and it appears Monk wants a quick young striker to join the group. Simmonds was touted, but the manager said we couldn’t agree a wage deal with him, so we might have to go down the loan route again. 
Other potential loan signings that we’ve been linked with, Garner, who was due to make his decision today, Sanderson, Clarke-Salter and Nathan Holland. We obviously can’t sign all of those, so who do we reckon it will be

we can have 5 loans in the match day squad can't we

currently we have Brown. Zahore would make 2 loans so leaving 3 more spaces?

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We might get Murphy back on loan right at the death if Newcastle can't sell him. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

My prediction would be one striker; one deep midfielder and one wing back on loan, plus another striker to be signed permanent. My guess would be Zohore or someone similar on loan; Garner or Field or someone similar on loan, Sanderson or Murphy or someone similar on loan and Bonne or someone similar permanent? 

Edited by The Night-Owl

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

My prediction would be one striker; one deep midfielder and one wing back on loan, plus another striker to be signed permanent. My guess would be Zohore or someone similar on loan; Garner or Field or someone similar on loan, Sanderson or Murphy or someone similar on loan and Bonne or someone similar permanent? 

who is this player called someone similar? Sounds like he can play in several positions which is always a bonus. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ok thanks, so maybe it’s only four who can be on the field at any one time?

no i think the only limits you have is 5 in the match day squad and you can only have 2 from any individual team (a further 2 can be allowed if they are under 23). in the premier league you can only loan 2 players over the season

it drops down to 4 allowed if you end up with an emergency loan for a goalkeeper  

Fulham have signed Areola on loan from PSG.

Means they have Areola, Rodak and Bettinelli as their GK options.

I know we’ve said that we’re not looking at getting a keeper in. But I’m nervous about not having a clear number one. Bettinelli will surely be heading out on loan and be interesting to see who gets him. 

Edit: never mind. He’s gone to boro.

Edited by FlyingOwl

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I know we’ve said that we’re not looking at getting a keeper in. But I’m nervous about not having a clear number one. Bettinelli will surely be heading out on loan and be interesting to see who gets him. 

He’s off t’ ‘boro 

Nevermind, you’ve edited.

Edited by Bagarri

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Always liked Areola, quite nippy for a keeper. 

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

oh dear, oh dear - you need to nip that in the bud before you make a t-i-t of yourself! 

Think we are gonna be milking these punns soon.