Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

and won’t have much resale joy with players like Dunkley, Windass and Kachunga, so we aren’t seemingly learning the lessons

We could also not be quite as negative and think Penney , Hunt and FDB could all potentially be money makers for us down the line .. 

Rumoured Sheffield Wednesday target James Garner will decide this week which Championship club he will join on loan, according to the Manchester Evening News.

Wednesday have been linked with a move for the Manchester United midfielder James Garner throughout the summer transfer window, and had their interest confirmed by the Yorkshire Live journalist Dom Howson last month.

But the Manchester Evening News’s report contains no mention of the Owls.

The newspaper lists Blackburn Rovers, Millwall and Coventry City as Garner suitors, and claims he has already held talks with Carlos Corberan about a move to Huddersfield Town.

What teams like Brentford are good at is not only selling player for big money but they know who they are going to replace them with. They see something in these players from the lower leagues and bring them on, sell them and repeat. Our problem is we rarely do that, we would rather buy someone who is near the end of their career who has been a decent player but sees us as his last big payday 

Hopefully this has ended and we can get some one who can spot these young players. We as supporters have a part to play, that is when we get these younger player we have to have patience with them and let them develop. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Bournemouth have had a £2m bid for Kayden Jackson rejected by Ipswich Town.

The Cherries have set their sights on the 26-year-old striker as a potential Callum Wilson replacement.

Apparently the bid was less than £1mil.

I'm not sure when his contract is up, but I'd be surprised if they reject £2mil 

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We could also not be quite as negative and think Penney , Hunt and FDB could all potentially be money makers for us down the line .. 

Hopefully yes, but of our last 15 transfer dealings, only FDB fits that criteria. Penney has only been offered a one year contract

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

The most frightening thing that’s happening atm is the apathy, most of the fan base is now that cheesed off we’re just rolling along not even bothered anymore? Out of 9 of us that sat together 3 yrs ago down to 3 season ticket holders and one of us now comes when he feels like it ( not a lot since Xmas) and same with other groups around us? I know Chansiri will be pissed off with everything but so are the fans, just a rudderless boat sailing towards league one atm ? Really hope we got a couple of good ones lined up but can’t help thinking it’s just not gona happen 😩

So say the chattering classes that know little about little other than blind panic regarding those who are working hard in a calm way.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I find some of the sneering at Brentford slightly churlish. There are only 3 promotion places available and no matter what your approach, no guarantee of success. They are punching well above their weight and giving themselves the best chance of not only getting to the Premier League (which would be a remarkable achievement for them in itself) but building foundations that have the potential for some long term sustainability at a higher level than they might reasonably expect. By contrast, a lot of clubs seemingly better placed are doing neither of those things.

TBH, I wasn’t sneering. They appear a very well run club. I was just making the point that in terms of league position and Premier League income etc it hasn’t done them a great deal of good yet. It clearly might in the future. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So say the chattering classes that know little about little other than blind panic regarding those who are working hard in a calm way.

Hope they are working away in a calm and collective manner? If other certain people at the club had done their job properly we wouldn’t be in the mess that we are in! Hope our targets are lined up and although we’ll not get them all hope we at least get a couple? A lot of people I know have simply lost interest not just those that came with us but half a dozen in my local ain’t bothered any more . So we’ll see when crowds eventually come back ( and covid ) prob masking what would have happened this season regarding crowds as in a big slump! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, vulva said:

TBH, I wasn’t sneering. They appear a very well run club. I was just making the point that in terms of league position and Premier League income etc it hasn’t done them a great deal of good yet. It clearly might in the future. 

Fair enough, it was someone else I really had in mind. Can't remember who it was, but one poster was really negative about them a few weeks ago and was crowing when they lost out in the play offs.

19 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Hope they are working away in a calm and collective manner? If other certain people at the club had done their job properly we wouldn’t be in the mess that we are in! Hope our targets are lined up and although we’ll not get them all hope we at least get a couple? A lot of people I know have simply lost interest not just those that came with us but half a dozen in my local ain’t bothered any more . So we’ll see when crowds eventually come back ( and covid ) prob masking what would have happened this season regarding crowds as in a big slump! 

The irony is it is what many fans wished hoped and wanted that Chansiri would gamble. It was a gamble worth taking I refuse to condem him for that gamble. Now it seems there maybe a price to pay; Whatever the outcome, I won't be spitting the dummy out. We will recover, maybe sooner than we all hope.

Rhodes, Bruce, Covid and alienation of players were all contributory factors + people (fans) are becoming more than a little tired by the possesion game.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Whilst I admire the Brentford approach and would love us to be able to do it here, it’s not just our chairman and scouting team that needs to change but us as fans too. We have higher expectations than the fans at Brentford and demand instant success. They have the luxury of buying players that are rough diamonds and expediting their development by playing them. 

We on the other hand, even when playing players that are young and with potential to develop, all too often bemoan that young player or the manager for picking him.

I’m sure no one in 2017 thought Ollie Watkin would be a star striker being sold for tens of millions, which is why they played him on the wing for first two seasons before he got a regular run upfront this year. You don’t have to search back to far on here to see how us as fans don’t seem to like the idea of attacking midfielders or wingers playing upfront. 

Or take Da Cruz or Dawson as example. Players that seemingly have the attributes but need polishing yet they are deemed to not be of quality now so we must get better immediately. 

The point is, Brentford not only offer better scouting and foresight but also harvest a culture that allows for these players to develop rather than singing for the youngsters to be replaced by older aging players. 

Yes good points, and another thing about our fan base, lots of them are stuck in the past, often clamouring for signings who maybe used to be good 5 or 6 years ago. We don’t embrace new ways of doing things 

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The irony is it is what many fans wished hoped and wanted that Chansiri would gamble. It was a gamble worth taking I refuse to condem him for that gamble. Now it seems there maybe a price to pay; Whatever the outcome, I won't be spitting the dummy out. We will recover, maybe sooner than we all hope.

Rhodes, Bruce, Covid and alienation of players were all contributory factors + people (fans) are becoming more than a little tired by the possesion game.   

Wasn’t having a go about him gambling and loosing? Can’t remember many on here that told him to stop? There was a couple I remember 😳 it was what has happened regarding the efl and our accounting? Peoples heads would surely roll in many other business? Might be that it was dc Himself that didn’t get it done in time but now we paring the price