Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Huddersfield have accepted an offer from French club Brest for striker Steve Mounie, thought to be in the region of £4.6m

I was on the money then. We spoke about his value the other day. I said 3-5mil.

If Cov sign Idah having already landed Walker...what on earth are we doing?

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I was on the money then. We spoke about his value the other day. I said 3-5mil.

If Cov sign Idah having already landed Walker...what on earth are we doing?

Yes bang on, re what are we doing, you may well ask. It depends who we end up with, if our patience is rewarded by us being able to land some top notch striker who will make a difference, then great, but if we end up with another Kachunga/Windass signing, then that’s a different matter. What pees me off though is, by all means wait for the right man if we believe we have a reasonable chance of getting him, but bring in his understudy now. We’ve seen how a centre forward is crucial to the way Monk wants us to play, so we will obviously need a stand in if we are to avoid the Fletcher situation. It’s baffling

edit It’s like we can only work on one deal at a time

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes bang on, re what are we doing, you may well ask. It depends who we end up with, if our patience is rewarded by us being able to land some top notch striker who will make a difference, then great, but if we end up with another Kachunga/Windass signing, then that’s a different matter. What pees me off though is, by all means wait for the right man if we believe we have a reasonable chance of getting him, but bring in his understudy now. We’ve seen how a centre forward is crucial to the way Monk wants us to play, so we will obviously need a stand in if we are to avoid the Fletcher situation. It’s baffling

I agree. I wanted a competitive group of 4 strikers, all involved & motivated. If Rhodes stays, it must be 5 because we simply can't count on a contribution from him. As you say, we can bide our time a little for the main man to arrive but his cover/comp is needed urgently. 

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

will mean they will also be in the hunt for a new striker and have money to spend. 

Huddersfield have already borrowed against their parachute payments. Most of the money raised is going to be used to pay off the old chairman who has a big loan note on the balance sheet

Can't see them spending much at all

10 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Possibly more money going in Brentford’s direction........😩

Brentford poised for £7m windfall if Burnley star James Tarkowski completes West Ham transfer

They continue to go from strength to strength... they'll finish in the top half again and probably end the season with fans enjoying their new stadium as they battle it out for a play-off spot.

Must be nice.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

They continue to go from strength to strength... they'll finish in the top half again and probably end the season with fans enjoying their new stadium as they battle it out for a play-off spot.

Must be nice.

Though I think Watkins will be a big miss, Toney is a different type of player

What an absolute shambles this is turning out to be, I was quietly confident of us staying up this season, but that's almost faded into obscurity given our incompetence at the top, we're like rabbits in head lights at the minute! Hope there's something going on behind the scenes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do people actually think Chansiri is interested anymore? Completely disappeared, no contact/statements. Thank god Im not a season ticket holder anymore, my mate who’s got one has paid his money and heard absolutely nothing about what’s on offer to him. Shambles of a club. Unfortunately football is an addiction but, must admit, I bloody hate it atm (case for most addictions I guess) 😞 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

Do people actually think Chansiri is interested anymore? Completely disappeared, no contact/statements. Thank god Im not a season ticket holder anymore, my mate who’s got one has paid his money and heard absolutely nothing about what’s on offer to him. Shambles of a club. Unfortunately football is an addiction but, must admit, I bloody hate it atm (case for most addictions I guess) 😞 

It is frustrating, but if they start issuing refunds without being certain when and how many can return, then it's going to be an even bigger mess.  It would help perhaps if the club did communicate that when they know, we will know, but shambles (in this case) is a bit strong.  All of this is unprecedented, maybe cut them a little bit of slack until things are back to some semblance of normality.  They issued refunds last season, I'm 100% that the same will happen for this one.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Because they don't want to come here...

Have to agree mate. If players have more than one club to choose from, they ain't going to sign for the one starting the season on - 12 pts. 

• Like 1