Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

20 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

Do people actually think Chansiri is interested anymore? Completely disappeared, no contact/statements. Thank god Im not a season ticket holder anymore, my mate who’s got one has paid his money and heard absolutely nothing about what’s on offer to him. Shambles of a club. Unfortunately football is an addiction but, must admit, I bloody hate it atm (case for most addictions I guess) 😞 

I don’t think he’s not interested, I just imagine he’s absolutely worn out. 

Trying to navigate FFP, legal battles, at war with the EFL - it must have been such a draining two/three years. And even more gut-wrenching for all the efforts to steer clear of FFP, we still end up with -12. 

I imagine the only thing keeping him interested is the fact his son absolutely loves the club. As long as Att is interested, DC will still invest in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Have to agree mate. If players have more than one club to choose from, they ain't going to sign for the one starting the season on - 12 pts. 

Dunkley and Windass 100% had other offers,  and I’d say there’s also no way Izzy Brown wouldn’t have had several offers at this level 

So, I think your wrong 

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Trying to navigate FFP, legal battles, at war with the EFL - it must have been such a draining two/three years. And even more gut-wrenching for all the efforts to steer clear of FFP, we still end up with -12. 

I imagine the only thing keeping him interested is the fact his son absolutely loves the club. As long as Att is interested, DC will still invest in my opinion. 

Well if he did his job correctly he would have to do any of that, its all self inflicted issues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I was on the money then. We spoke about his value the other day. I said 3-5mil.

If Cov sign Idah having already landed Walker...what on earth are we doing?

yes I agree, seems good strikers are moving to rival clubs, surely even with the -12 we would be more of a pull than Coventry. Very frustrating 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

yes I agree, seems good strikers are moving to rival clubs, surely even with the -12 we would be more of a pull than Coventry. Very frustrating 

For sure. We might start on -12 but surely we'll win more than Coventry (probably jinxed it now)

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Huddersfield have already borrowed against their parachute payments. Most of the money raised is going to be used to pay off the old chairman who has a big loan note on the balance sheet

Can't see them spending much at all

Also put 100 employees on notice of redundancy. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s why you appoint a DOF or someone to be the figurehead of the club. He even said himself when he joined that he wasn’t a football man and knew nothing about football yet he’s in the changing room giving team talks and buying players as gifts for the fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Dunkley and Windass 100% had other offers,  and I’d say there’s also no way Izzy Brown wouldn’t have had several offers at this level 

So, I think your wrong 

Not sure about dunkley but brown and kachunga both said the training staff were the main reason they signed having worked with them before. Windass obviously was on loan with us which would put us infront of other clubs.

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Not sure about dunkley but brown and kachunga both said the training staff were the main reason they signed having worked with them before. Windass obviously was on loan with us which would put us infront of other clubs.

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We’ve done some good stuff, but not enough of it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We’ve done some good stuff, but not enough of it

And am sure GM and club are aware there needs to be more 

Pateince is required, the way the window runs into October leaves clubs like us who aren’t willing to/can’t chuck money about in the que 

Just now, Owlinmad said:

EVERY other club makes GREAT signings that we should have been in for.

Tyler Walker to Coventry is the only one that’s bothered me 

But then none of us know who we have and haven’t been in for