Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

We are dead certain for relegation unless we bring some quality in. 

Simple.

I agree with this statement

I'm starting to panic a little...really thought we would have built a squad by now however the Brown deal came out of nowhere so maybe things are happening behind the scenes

Just now, meggoisgod said:

I agree with this statement

I'm starting to panic a little...really thought we would have built a squad by now however the Brown deal came out of nowhere so maybe things are happening behind the scenes

We need two players who can score a good number of goals up front.

For their flaws and injury problems between Hooper, Nuhiu, Fletch, FF, Joao - you knew you had a pool of strikers who would get goals throughout the season.

We need some serious quality upfront and improved wing back options. 

If not we will be down this season. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We’re not dead certain for relegation, nobody in this league is dead certain for anything , especially before a ball has even been kicked 

Couldn’t any signing be fantastic or a flop ??   Like ..how many were saying Abdi was a dead certain flop when he signed ?

Why the dramatisation ? Dead certain for relegation gi orrr with yourself 

With minus 12 and no striker we're fizzed. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For their flaws and injury problems between Hooper, Nuhiu, Fletch, FF, Joao - you knew you had a pool of strikers who would get goals throughout the season.

We need some serious quality upfront and improved wing back options. 

If not we will be down this season. 

We've not signed a striker since Jan 2017. Mad really.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

And no quality wing backs (which are integral in the system we look to be playing) no quality defensive midfielder and no competent goalkeeper...

Yet somehow people are still positive about the season ahead.

The thing I will say is this market hasn’t even got moving yet, things are slow and uncertain and clubs are reluctant to let players out. Those that are going are usually for a premium that we can’t afford Hugill etc. If it is loans we are waiting on them we are at the mercy at other clubs I’m afraid we just need to make sure we have as many irons in the fire as possible. Frustrating because we need to hit the ground running this season.

What would be unforgivable is that we wait until last few days of window then start splashing the cash (unlikely I know) and doing deals that could’ve been sorted before season started.

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We are dead certain for relegation unless we bring some quality in. 

Simple.

Not with the fanatical, fantastic support of fans like you Sally! I just hope the players and coaches have more resolve and fight than some of our fans. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We are 4 wins better than roverham, wycombe and a couple of others yet to be decided...we will stop up on GD, nailed on,. lump on..

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No probs, hundreds about..:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

We are 4 wins better than roverham, wycombe and a couple of others yet to be decided...we will stop up on GD, nailed on,. lump on..

No probs, hundreds about..:rolleyes:

Do you really think we're four wins better than them as things stand?

There are other issues with our squad, but with only one striker on our books, and one who offers as little as Rhodes at that, we've got to be favourites to finish bottom at this moment in time.

Of course we're going to make further signings, so this discussion will hopefully become redundant. Whether or not those signings are good enough to give us a realistic chance of overturning a twelve point deficit remains to be seen.

As things stand, the chairman has put us in a pretty deep hole; I just hope he's willing and able to provide the manager with the required tools to dig ourselves out of it.

• Like 5

I wanted us to sign Diamantakos who played last season with Matt Penney at St Pauli, instead he signed on free for Hajduk Split. Strong, cunning, skillful and deadly striker scored goal on his debut and was voted man of the match.

Would be on fraction of what we are used to paying to our strikers.

Edited by malek
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Trouble is Rhodes is picking his nose thirty yards up the pitch, Harris needs a target to aim at.

Harris didn’t get a cross in after lockdown, Rhodes didn’t play that many times,  posting for the sake of it makes you look a bit silly 

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Harris didn’t get a cross in after lockdown, Rhodes didn’t play that many times,  posting for the sake of it makes you look a bit silly 

Harris looks one of our better players to me and one of our main threats going forward. He needs to kick on after his first season but last season he played more regular for us than he had during his final couple of seasons at Cardiff. 

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Worked superbly at Millwall away under Jos. 

I wasn't being serious. I can't even remember that game for some reason but most games under Jos seemed ultra defensive and forgettable, apart from the odd Reach wonder-strike. Didn't we beat Plymouth or someone a long time ago, when Sturrock was in charge, without any strikers? 

• Like 1