Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Yes please 

He would be perfect

Big powerful and quick. Scored for fun in the under 23s and under 18s. Not quite made the first team and needs a loan

Beattie has a connection with Everton under 23 boss unsworth. Get this done

good shout with the connection. Maybe we are in a better position to attract this kind of forward with Beattie on the coaching staff with what he did with Adams and Wood etc 

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We’ve got a great midfield three if they can all stay fit,  know your not a big fan but I do think Windass is capable of surprising a few , what we also need is Adam Reach to find a place in this set up and finally get something like back to

himself because he is another capable of scoring goals 

If I’m honest I’m not too sure where he fits in this system, I’d like to say LWB but I’m not sure Monk has any faith in him there 

Blotted his copybook there with his performance at Swansea post-lockdown.

Only way I see him playing regularly this season is as part of the forward department which obviously isn’t ideal. I really would be looking to move him on before the end of his contract.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Blotted his copybook there with his performance at Swansea post-lockdown.

Only way I see him playing regularly this season is as part of the forward department which obviously isn’t ideal. I really would be looking to move him on before the end of his contract.

What happened to the supposed Boro interest, that would have been ideal, as it is Boro who are owed the money from us. 

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I can’t see a place for Reach, but if we get the right type of centre forward, then I’m warming to Windass in the ten role. Wasn’t as knocked out as some when he was here before, but I did notice he was particularly good at threading balls through to the strikers A bit wasted when you have the likes of Fletcher or Wickham. Get in a more mobile centre forward with a bit of pace, and then I could see Windass being extremely useful He can play a similar role to the guy at Cardiff, I forget his name, but the fat one

Lee Tomlin? 

Guest wilyfox

Back in the summer of 2011 during our Megson days being linked with Adam Le Fondre & Cody McDonald, I remember posting something rather poignant. It's that time again...

'Sign some fookín strikers!'

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yep that’s him, ta

You're welcome mate. He's a decent player at this level but more of an impact player for them, coming off the bench or getting subbed. Windass could be used in a similar way for us, if he returns, like you mentioned. I think Tomlin's the one who scored that free kick against us, when Flint star jumped in front of our keeper to pull him off. 

Edited by The Night-Owl

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

The silence of rumours is worrying. Hopefully deals are getting done but I have a horrible feeling on Sky next Saturday, we still only have 1 striker.

I’m hopeful of the opposite. The fact that we aren’t linked with anyone and everyone hopefully means we are using a targeted approach to what we need rather than the scattergun approach of just getting players in that we have seen in the past few years.

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What happened to the supposed Boro interest, that would have been ideal, as it is Boro who are owed the money from us. 

Would be ideal,  some sort of deal to be done there i’d imagine ,  is he a Warnock player though 

Id swap him for Assombalonga 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Would be ideal,  some sort of deal to be done there i’d imagine ,  is he a Warnock player though 

Id swap him for Assombalonga 

Boro would be out of their mind to do that. I'm sure Gibson and Warnock would happily gift us the opportunity. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Boro would be out of their mind to do that. I'm sure Gibson and Warnock would happily gift us the opportunity. 

Stranger things have happened,  sure I read he’s in last year of his contract Assombalonga 

15 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

I liked what I saw from the young lad, Grant, who came on up front yesterday. Reckon he could be getting more game time sooner than he thought.

I see a future for both Grant and Hagan TBH. Very influential members of the successful under-18 side a year or so ago.

People are going on about Hagan’s miss but those were the sort of chances he was taking in that successful season and Grant was more often than not the architect of those chances.

It’s a big ask but given a chance they could be doing that for the first team in due course. Certainly looked more threatening than Rhodes and Reach did yesterday?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jim said:

I see a future for both Grant and Hagan TBH. Very influential members of the successful under-18 side a year or so ago.

People are going on about Hagan’s miss but those were the sort of chances he was taking in that successful season and Grant was more often than not the architect of those chances.

It’s a big ask but given a chance they could be doing that for the first team in due course. Certainly looked more threatening than Rhodes and Reach did yesterday?

Not seen too much of either of them,  I think what I question more than anything is would Rhodes have got into the position Hagan did for that chance , the kid looks strong and Is definitely on the rapid side 

Interesting to see where Monk rates him in the first team picture 

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I see Nsame scored again this weekend, that guy really does have an incredible goalscoring record

Someone’s gonna pay fortunes for him