Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

I’m warming to the idea of Windass playing behind a main striker, but perhaps not as a pair. It will be interesting to see which way Monk is thinking on the striker front. The recent links give little away. 
Windass, Leko and Simmonds did seem like options, rather than pairings, so you’d assume that there was a main striker coming in as well. So either Windass behind the main striker, or a Leko/Simmonds type alongside one. Given that the main striker, or centre forward would be so crucial to the way we play, whichever way that is, then we actually need two, if we want to avoid a Fletcher type situation

• Like 2

Just now, Ronio said:

Could our striker targets this window be exactly that what we saw back in January?  

Windass, Wickham and Da Cruz.  

I really hope we take a different route.  

It's clear we've searched elsewhere aswell but have turned up nothing as of yet. Which is scary.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

We’ve only known since Christmas we’d be in this situation so it’s difficult to blame the club on this one. 

This. We knew full well what the situation would be come pre season. 

Three strikers still needed. Windass will no doubt be one, but he’s really not that inspiring. 

Apart from Nuhiu all the following strikers have been signed on DC’s watch, Hooper, Matias, Joao, Forestieri, Fletcher, Winnall, Bus and Rhodes. With the exception of the last three on the list, all have contributed in some way or another in terms of goals or assists? To be going into the coming season on -12 with just Rhodes on the books beggars belief, it really does.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Could our striker targets this window be exactly that what we saw back in January?  

Windass, Wickham and Da Cruz.  

I really hope we take a different route.  

that really would be terrible. We where so poor since Christmas. We don’t need the same rubbish up top. If we go in to the season with Rhodes, Windass, Wickham and Da Cruz we will not score enough to stay up. Without Fletcher and Murphy (neither have been replaced)  we will really struggle for goals. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m warming to the idea of Windass playing behind a main striker, but perhaps not as a pair. It will be interesting to see which way Monk is thinking on the striker front. The recent links give little away. 
Windass, Leko and Simmonds did seem like options, rather than pairings, so you’d assume that there was a main striker coming in as well. So either Windass behind the main striker, or a Leko/Simmonds type alongside one. Given that the main striker, or centre forward would be so crucial to the way we play, whichever way that is, then we actually need two, if we want to avoid a Fletcher type situation

Windass if he signs, seems like in a congested season of numerous midweek games, a smart option. It will help to have options, different ways of playing, players who fit how we want to play but adaptable to different roles. I think we need at least two strikers, with or without bringing back Windass and Murphy or someone similar.

I previously thought, it was key for us to replace Fletcher with someone similar but looking at the likes of Harris, Brown and Bannan, and the positive effect they can have going forward. I'm thinking we need all rounder athletic attackers but with an end product, that can make the most of Brown and Bannan's creativity.

I'd rather us target young dynamic strikers, like you mentioned numerous times in the past, on loan or from the lower leagues or abroad. Someone similar to Brewster or Watkins last season or Abraham or Kodjia a fair while back, that can give us energy upfront but also lead the line, drive us forward and get on the end of things. No idea how we find the next one of those but we most lack someone with those attributes upfront and Murphy or someone similar to him. 

Not sure if this name has been banded around anywhere else but two Everton season ticket friends of mine have said that Ellis Simms would be a great loan player for a championship club this year much the same as Rhian Brewster was for Swansea last year. Scored 32 goals in 21 matches in the U23 league last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If we don't sign 12 strikers by Monday, we can forget about automatic promotion

12 pacey strikers and also a midfield ‘beast’  otherwise we’re absolutely certainly finishing bottom on -243 points 

16 minutes ago, GRNOwl said:

Not sure if this name has been banded around anywhere else but two Everton season ticket friends of mine have said that Ellis Simms would be a great loan player for a championship club this year much the same as Rhian Brewster was for Swansea last year. Scored 32 goals in 21 matches in the U23 league last year.

Hmm, yes, I think somebody suggested him last season

Another problem we have is a lack of goals from other areas particularly midfield. Brown is an unknown quantity in this respect but Bannan has never scored as many as he should and Luongo may or may not depending on the role he plays.

I just don’t see enough goals coming from the wing-back or centre-back areas though Dunkley may improve the output from this department?

• Like 1

Just now, Jim said:

Another problem we have is a lack of goals from other areas particularly midfield. Brown is an unknown quantity in this respect but Bannan has never scored as many as he should and Luongo may or may not depending on the role he plays.

I just don’t see enough goals coming from the wing-back or centre-back areas though Dunkley may improve the output from this department?

Brown is not known for his goalscoring prowess, but that midfield three will chip in. The likely set up though, is very dependent on the new centre forward. If Windass is the number 10, he could chip in with a few, but the onus will be on the main striker. Not such a problem though, with three good centre backs, and one of the best midfield threes in the division, we shouldn’t concede too many goals Can see us being similar to the Huddersfield side that went up, using the midfield to control games 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Brown is not known for his goalscoring prowess, but that midfield three will chip in. The likely set up though, is very dependent on the new centre forward. If Windass is the number 10, he could chip in with a few, but the onus will be on the main striker. Not such a problem though, with three good centre backs, and one of the best midfield threes in the division, we shouldn’t concede too many goals Can see us being similar to the Huddersfield side that went up, using the midfield to control games 

We’ve got a great midfield three if they can all stay fit,  know your not a big fan but I do think Windass is capable of surprising a few , what we also need is Adam Reach to find a place in this set up and finally get something like back to

himself because he is another capable of scoring goals 

If I’m honest I’m not too sure where he fits in this system, I’d like to say LWB but I’m not sure Monk has any faith in him there 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We’ve got a great midfield three if they can all stay fit,  know your not a big fan but I do think Windass is capable of surprising a few , what we also need is Adam Reach to find a place in this set up and finally get something like back to

himself because he is another capable of scoring goals 

If I’m honest I’m not too sure where he fits in this system, I’d like to say LWB but I’m not sure Monk has any faith in him there 

I can’t see a place for Reach, but if we get the right type of centre forward, then I’m warming to Windass in the ten role. Wasn’t as knocked out as some when he was here before, but I did notice he was particularly good at threading balls through to the strikers A bit wasted when you have the likes of Fletcher or Wickham. Get in a more mobile centre forward with a bit of pace, and then I could see Windass being extremely useful He can play a similar role to the guy at Cardiff, I forget his name, but the fat one

44 minutes ago, GRNOwl said:

Yes please 

He would be perfect

Big powerful and quick. Scored for fun in the under 23s and under 18s. Not quite made the first team and needs a loan

Beattie has a connection with Everton under 23 boss unsworth. Get this done