Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I see Nsame scored again this weekend, that guy really does have an incredible goalscoring record

Just watched the YouTube clips of the guy. Literally 99% of his goals are 2 yard tap ins. Lol.

Would be no use for us at all, can't even remember the last time we created anything like that for any if our strikers.

11 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Just watched the YouTube clips of the guy. Literally 99% of his goals are 2 yard tap ins. Lol.

Would be no use for us at all, can't even remember the last time we created anything like that for any if our strikers.

Got a great first time powerful shot on him. 

In terms of a competitive starting eleven, I would say we have two blocks in place which are pretty decent for this division. Iorfa, Dunkley and Borner are a solid trio, especially if Borner can get back to that early season form. Don’t think we will need to improve on that. 
Then the middle three, Luongo, Brown and Bannan are as good as anything in the division, and can give us balance and control. Originally I thought we’d bring in a proper defensive midfielder to take over from Hutchinson, but I don’t think Monk sees it like that. It looks as if that job will be given to Luongo, who while he isn’t an out and out defensive midfielder, he can make a tackle. 
That’s two thirds of the spine in place. People have said we could do with an experienced keeper, and although Monk himself considered it, he eventually decided against it. It’s now up to Wildsmith and Dawson to prove he made the right decision A rock solid keeper can make a big difference 

Full backs, wing backs, we have quite a few options, but I still feel a couple of additions, one on each side, will improve us. The bulk of the recruitment will centre around the striking positions. We need a centre forward, and probably an understudy, plus a couple of different options, perhaps Windass, or somebody similar, and maybe a quick youngster in case we want to go with a pairing up front. 
The forward recruitment will make or break our season. Get that right, and we’ll have decent squad, one which could do surprisingly well

• Like 5

All I am thinking is Chansiri, despite his detractors has always gone for reputable players in the market. So if there is a lack of activity we are playing a waiting game.

There are plenty of poor strikers we could sign now. Or better ones we could pay over the odds for but with a window running til October we need to let them see they cannot get better. In the past we have paid what agents have requested and it’s given us a fat minus -12 because their boys didn’t deliver.

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

All I am thinking is Chansiri, despite his detractors has always gone for reputable players in the market. So if there is a lack of activity we are playing a waiting game.

There are plenty of poor strikers we could sign now. Or better ones we could pay over the odds for but with a window running til October we need to let them see they cannot get better. In the past we have paid what agents have requested and it’s given us a fat minus -12 because their boys didn’t deliver.

I really do have a feeling we might be pleasantly surprised by our striker options

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

In terms of a competitive starting eleven, I would say we have two blocks in place which are pretty decent for this division. Iorfa, Dunkley and Borner are a solid trio, especially if Borner can get back to that early season form. Don’t think we will need to improve on that. 
Then the middle three, Luongo, Brown and Bannan are as good as anything in the division, and can give us balance and control. Originally I thought we’d bring in a proper defensive midfielder to take over from Hutchinson, but I don’t think Monk sees it like that. It looks as if that job will be given to Luongo, who while he isn’t an out and out defensive midfielder, he can make a tackle. 
That’s two thirds of the spine in place. People have said we could do with an experienced keeper, and although Monk himself considered it, he eventually decided against it. It’s now up to Wildsmith and Dawson to prove he made the right decision A rock solid keeper can make a big difference 

Full backs, wing backs, we have quite a few options, but I still feel a couple of additions, one on each side, will improve us. The bulk of the recruitment will centre around the striking positions. We need a centre forward, and probably an understudy, plus a couple of different options, perhaps Windass, or somebody similar, and maybe a quick youngster in case we want to go with a pairing up front. 
The forward recruitment will make or break our season. Get that right, and we’ll have decent squad, one which could do surprisingly well

Absolute spot on mate. It surprises me that I read so much negativity on here when what you have written is on the money...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Good post.

Winall (not a giant) scored a lot with headers at Barnsley.

We need someone arially dominant (like Fletcher) because we will not stop launching at the lone forward's head.

Yesterday.. Rhodes' marker went through the back of him and cleared with ease.

We need someone to contest in this area so that we've got a chance of picking up the second ball.

As a defender you'd love to play against a Wednesday team playing Rhodes up front. He hasn’t got the pace, physicality, or aggression to bother you, it's a piece of ******** to mark such a player playing in such a system.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Would be ideal,  some sort of deal to be done there i’d imagine ,  is he a Warnock player though 

Id swap him for Assombalonga 

I definitely don't see Reach as a Warnock player, but let's hope someone is interested in him. He just doesn't seem to fit the 3-5-2 and he's one of our few players with a bit of resale value. Even if we can only get half our money back for him, then presumably thats £2.5m that can be spent on bringing in strikers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Absolute spot on mate. It surprises me that I read so much negativity on here when what you have written is on the money...

It is spot on. We have three good defenders and three good cms. But the other five positions are all a bit meh. Neither keeper looks good, none of the wing backs are nailing down the place and the striker options are awful. 
That’s why there is still a lot of negativity. We’ve got half a decent team. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I definitely don't see Reach as a Warnock player, but let's hope someone is interested in him. He just doesn't seem to fit the 3-5-2 and he's one of our few players with a bit of resale value. Even if we can only get half our money back for him, then presumably thats £2.5m that can be spent on bringing in strikers.

Be very surprised if anybody would pay that for reach , he’s awful 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ballmeist said:

Windass should not be starting regularly as part of any front pairing for the sole reason that he needs 6-8 good chances before he scores. As an out and out striker that's terrible but more importantly is poor for a number 10. 

Yes but that will be ok behind our prolific striker

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I still think we need a dedicated DM. Luongo hasn’t had the best of times with us injury wise and brown has had injury problems in the past. 

If we are playing 3 in midfield I would want at least 4 first team quality players. At the minute one injury/suspension etc and you are down to replacing them with lesser players (joey, Palmer?) or the kids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

It is spot on. We have three good defenders and three good cms. But the other five positions are all a bit meh. Neither keeper looks good, none of the wing backs are nailing down the place and the striker options are awful. 
That’s why there is still a lot of negativity. We’ve got half a decent team. 

I hear what you’re saying. The striking situation needs a lot of new blood, but Chansiri hasn’t really let us down in making signings, so I’m optimistic this will be sorted.

I disagree about the keepers, I think both are improving and will not let us down this year. The wing backs, you’re right, but again, we are far from a lost cause. Odubajo was in a promotion side, Harris does have good games as well, Penney could surprise us and Palmer is steady, if not great. Additions would be preferable, after we have addressed the striking positions for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

I still think we need a dedicated DM. Luongo hasn’t had the best of times with us injury wise and brown has had injury problems in the past. 

If we are playing 3 in midfield I would want at least 4 first team quality players. At the minute one injury/suspension etc and you are down to replacing them with lesser players (joey, Palmer?) or the kids.

Im not sure the 3 centre backs system does require a dm? I totally agree with you about Joey, but Fizz and Hunt look good second choices for me.

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Im not sure the 3 centre backs system does require a dm? I totally agree with you about Joey, but Fizz and Hunt look good second choices for me.

Problem is one injury and we will be expecting one of them to play 10-20 games on the bounce and be up to first team standard straight away, I don’t think that’s realistic.

Regarding a DM It only takes an attack down the wing to make one of the CBs shift over to cover to potentially leave us short in the middle of they have runners coming through. I would always start with one.

• Like 1