Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Always thought Jutkiewicz 

would end up here if we could get him 

He is a real handful 

Would be the number 1 target for me

Forest link seems a bit odd seeing as they have just brought in Lyle Taylor and already have Grabben

14 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Your usual post about not being good enough who in our present climate could we get who's better please name some

Explain what the present climate is, and what constraints it puts on us. We can guess, but we don’t know We don’t know which players we might be able to entice. According to Bruce, we were pretty close to signing Samatta until other interest forced the price up. That shows that, for the right player, we might be able to find the money, as I’m assuming Samatta would have commanded a high price anyway. If there are players like that available, then that’s a route I’d rather go down

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Explain what the present climate is, and what constraints it puts on us. We can guess, but we don’t know We don’t know which players we might be able to entice. According to Bruce, we were pretty close to signing Samatta until other interest forced the price up. That shows that, for the right player, we might be able to find the money, as I’m assuming Samatta would have commanded a high price anyway. If there are players like that available, then that’s a route I’d rather go down

FFP

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe if can get Westwood's wage of the books it will allow us to bring in 1 possibly 2 strikers who knows 

• Like 1

Murphy just joins a long list on the loan hall of fame along with Hector, Connor Wickham, Ben Marshall, Kenwyne Jones, Scott Carson, Bischoff, Broomes, David Johnson.

We sign them, they become one of the players of the season then the supporters hope for a permanent signing thats unlikely to happen. Does that happen everywhere or do some clubs supporters just accept its over 😂. Izzy Brown next?

Just now, bladeshater said:

FFP

Maybe, but we don’t know. Not sure what our situation is regarding FFP as of now, taking into account the ground sale, Joao’s sale and the Covid complications  As I mentioned, if we were that close to bringing in Samatta, it’s unlikely that he’d have been cheap. 

28 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Need better mate, let’s set our sight higher He’s useful, but unless we’re bringing in 3 or 4, I’d like to think that we could find someone who offers a bit more

14 and 15 goals in his last 2 seasons is pretty impressive. Monk and coaches know him well, can imagine he would cost a fair bit though. If we could get him I think he could be a very useful player to have. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scram said:

Early in the new season we may well be facing a familiar face

One who i think would considerably strengthen us right now if we kept him

But i get it. New broom and all that...

What's point in saying this if you won't go into further detail, especially when it's not an swfc signing? 

It's screams look at me!! 

Up there with the people who say "I recommended this person 2 months ago and he's now really good/signed for us" 

Do you want a medal? 

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Out of our price/attraction range i'd say.

Agree Jutkiewicz top end of our budget, but exactly what we need IMO. As for attraction, hopefully Monk/Beattie may hold some sway. 

That said, no links so either Monk/Beattie have different a different opinion of him or Birmingham not open to offers. Probably not on the best of terms with them anyway given the protracted acquisition of Beattie.

Edited by striker

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree Jutkiewicz top end of our budget, but exactly what we need IMO. As for attraction, hopefully Monk/Beattie may hold some sway. 

That said, no links so either Monk/Beattie have different a different opinion of him or Birmingham not open to offers. Probably not on the best of terms with them anyway given the protracted acquisition of Beattie.

Depends what his contract situation is 

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but we don’t know. Not sure what our situation is regarding FFP as of now, taking into account the ground sale, Joao’s sale and the Covid complications  As I mentioned, if we were that close to bringing in Samatta, it’s unlikely that he’d have been cheap. 

That was before the independent panel maybe it's a different ball game now

9 minutes ago, striker said:

I don’t believe he is available, unless someone offers more than he is worth. I hope we have stopped doing that. Chris Martin is available and would be an asset to our squad, even though we are heading towards a more dynamic/pacy team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pieman said:

I don’t believe he is available, unless someone offers more than he is worth. I hope we have stopped doing that. Chris Martin is available and would be an asset to our squad, even though we are heading towards a more dynamic/pacy team.

Having a target man making it stick allows the pacey lads a chance to get there

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

That was before the independent panel maybe it's a different ball game now

(Wrong quote, I meant signing Samatta)

If this is true, given he hasn’t signed for anyone, we are still in the hunt. I presume a number of teams are haggling over how much of his wages they will pay. 

Edited by Pieman