Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Agree with Martin he another big nasty piece of work that we really gona need? This season a one off Gona be a scrap all way to the end and we need players that will roll their sleeves up and av a go? Would love us to play attacking lovely flowing football but we already starting at the very bottom of one big hill with not to much room to roll backwards while we try one thing or another 

51 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Watching Rhodes was painful at times yesterday, just slows down all the play 

51 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Watching Rhodes was painful at times yesterday, just slows down all the play 

Beattie said Rhodes was ‘sharp’ in training but on yesterday’s performance I would hate to see him when he is ‘blunt’

Wake up man you are an absolute disgrace to the position of goal- scorer - obviously you’ve forgot what is required of you - to put the ball in the net as many times as possible - surely it should be second nature to score GOALS !!!!

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

All that PL money and Watford are looking at Forestieri ?   That must be a bit disappointing for Watford Fans 

He’ll start off okay there never sold his house down there and  will be clean slate for him ? At is age will be last crack at getting to prem so bet he give it a go? Pity cus we all know when he fancies it he one of best at our level? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Beattie said Rhodes was ‘sharp’ in training but on yesterday’s performance I would hate to see him when he is ‘blunt’

Wake up man you are an absolute disgrace to the position of goal- scorer - obviously you’ve forgot what is required of you - to put the ball in the net as many times as possible - surely it should be second nature to score GOALS !!!!

If Rhodes has the Hagen chance yesterday you’d put good money on him burying it, but that’s the problem he’s not getting those chances, he’s not getting into positions to score. This isn’t a player that has the yips infront of goal that needs five chances to finish, it’s a player that is completely lost and doesn’t look like he’s got the faintest idea of how to find himself again. Maybe Beattie can help him with that but I wouldn’t pin my hopes on it.

Edited by swfc1983
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

All that PL money and Watford are looking at Forestieri ?   That must be a bit disappointing for Watford Fans 

Their fans do love him after his time there

It kinda makes sense to have a standby option - and that's all i think it will be

They are likely to lose a lot of their attacking players - Sarr, Delefeou, Pereyra, Deeney

I guess FF will go to Italy if Watford don't need him

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Their fans do love him after his time there

It kinda makes sense to have a standby option - and that's all i think it will be

They are likely to lose a lot of their attacking players - Sarr, Delefeou, Pereyra, Deeney

I guess FF will go to Italy if Watford don't need him

May it be a favour to keep him fit? Like when Beckham was training at Arsenal

Just now, swfc1983 said:

If Rhodes has the Hagen chance yesterday you’d put good money on him burying it, but that’s the problem he’s not getting those chances, he’s not getting into positions to score. This isn’t a player that has the yips infront of goal that needs five chances to finish, it’s a player that is completely lost and doesn’t look like he’s got the faintest idea of how to find himself again. Maybe Beattie can help him with that but I wouldn’t pin my hopes on it.

If Rhodes is going to get the kind of chances Hagan got yesterday then he can’t be coming much deeper than the final third of the pitch to receive the ball. He doesn’t have the pace or stamina to lay the ball off half way up the pitch and head into the penalty area.

This is why he’s more often than not flourished with a target man alongside. The target man comes deep and brings others into play either with a pass or a flick on.

It looked to me as though we were looking at Rhodes to do this yesterday and Reach, Brown or even Harris at wing-back were looking to get ahead of him?

On yesterday’s showing we are going to find goals hard to come by from open play and we’re going to be overly reliant on set-pieces to score.

• Like 1

We all know Rhodes’s strengths and weaknesses but to judge him on yesterday is ridiculous.

We got very few crosses into the box and outside the box he was up against Soyunc? , one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

Obviously he needs help up there, he can only play in a two .

In regards to strikers you have to sign the ones that suit the way we are going to play.

A pacy, footballing forward would be great but we will have to play a lot more football on the deck through the middle rather than going wide all the time.

Jutkiwiezc is the best header of the ball in the division and leads the line well. Ideal foil for Rhodes and others. 

If we could get him it would be ideal, he is a great focal point, and I honestly don’t see us suddenly becoming a great footballing team to support a smaller, pacy striker.

Probably could’ve kept Fletcher for cheaper than what it would cost to bring Jutkiewicz in,  who’s a great target man and not an asset I think Birmingham would let go cheaply 

Whoever we sign they at the moment feeding off scraps? Harris needs to start doing wot he was doing at the start of last season..start delivering the ball early? The amount of times he now gets to last defender and tries to go back inside? Most forwards ( Rhodes inc) feed off early ball across the box before the defenders get the chance to organise and reset 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

Kranky fell out with jukewitz at boro and bombed him out to brum, posted couple of weeks back thought his time at br would probably be up? Re at lot hope we have the funds for him imo exactly what we need , would love a big mobile pacy target man but they come at top end premium? That nsame looks just what we need but can’t see us paying any more than 1/2 m for anyone atm 

Ah, that’s a bit of a problem then 😀 Get that transfer request in now!

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Probably could’ve kept Fletcher for cheaper than what it would cost to bring Jutkiewicz in,  who’s a great target man and not an asset I think Birmingham would let go cheaply 

Jut is playing 40+ games, Fletcher is in the 20s.

According to whoscored.com, best strikers in Championship last season (highest rating per match) included (out of 70 who played 5 or more times as a striker)....

5th Fletcher

8th Jutkiewicz

10th Nuhiu

13th Joao

16th Wickham

18th Brewster

22nd Martin

27th Rhodes

37th Bamford

Jutkiewicz would be a fantastic signing but I don't suppose we can get him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Whoever we sign they at the moment feeding off scraps? Harris needs to start doing wot he was doing at the start of last season..start delivering the ball early? The amount of times he now gets to last defender and tries to go back inside? Most forwards ( Rhodes inc) feed off early ball across the box before the defenders get the chance to organise and reset 

Well I don't know why GM brought all those coaches in, could have just given you a bell. lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Trouble is Rhodes is picking his nose thirty yards up the pitch, Harris needs a target to aim at.