Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Whoever we sign they at the moment feeding off scraps? Harris needs to start doing wot he was doing at the start of last season..start delivering the ball early? The amount of times he now gets to last defender and tries to go back inside? Most forwards ( Rhodes inc) feed off early ball across the box before the defenders get the chance to organise and reset 

We actually carved out three great chances, but hopefully the players we do sign will provide the sort of movement our midfield needs All three of them can pick a pass, but when you’ve got a couple of statues ahead of you, there’s never much on What’s the point in having a midfield like that if the only ball that is on, is funnelling it out wide

• Like 1

Think if we were spending we would be asking West Brom about Zohore, who’s got to be available but there going to want a large chunk of that £8m back I’d have thought 

Has Assombalonga signed a new deal at Boro ? He’s one they could be looking to move on rather than lose for nothing 

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Think if we were spending we would be asking West Brom about Zohore, who’s got to be available but there going to want a large chunk of that £8m back I’d have thought 

Has Assombalonga signed a new deal at Boro ? He’s one they could be looking to move on rather than lose for nothing 

Can't see us affording that. We pulled out of £1M race for Leko and are only just coming round to paying 450k for Windass. No way can we afford a £5M+ striker. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Can't see us affording that. We pulled out of £1M race for Leko and are only just coming round to paying 450k for Windass. No way can we afford a £5M+ striker. 

Don’t think we pulled out of the Leko deal , we had agreed a fee same as Birmingham , lad just chose Birmingham 

I’d imagine the negotiations for Windass will be complicated by what they still owe Rangers for him

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Who knows, maybe for the right striker. You could argue the other way, if we’re prepared to spend that sort of money on supporting strikers, we may push the boat out for the main man

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t think we pulled out of the Leko deal , we had agreed a fee same as Birmingham , lad just chose Birmingham 

I’d imagine the negotiations for Windass will be complicated by what they still owe Rangers for him

not really. Wigan owed Barnsley for Moore, Cardiff managed to buy him. Wigan owed Portsmouth for Lowe, Swansea still bought him. If the deal isn’t done it’s because we haven’t done it.

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

not really. Wigan owed Barnsley for Moore, Cardiff managed to buy him. Wigan owed Portsmouth for Lowe, Swansea still bought him. If the deal isn’t done it’s because we haven’t done it.

Doesn’t mean Moore and Lowe weren’t also complicated deals to do, but yeah Windass isn’t here yet because we haven’t paid the money , there may be other reasons is all I’m saying , and Wigan are in absolute meltdown at the minute so there probably not the easiest to deal with 

I’m surprise we haven’t offered Rudy Gestede a trial, available on a free , questionable injury record but was lethal at Blackburn 

In our position we could’ve done a lot worse than have him down at Loughborough and assess where his fitness is at,  may even get Rhodes’ head back in the game , those two scored a fair few together at Blackburn 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Doesn’t mean Moore and Lowe weren’t also complicated deals to do, but yeah Windass isn’t here yet because we haven’t paid the money , there may be other reasons is all I’m saying , and Wigan are in absolute meltdown at the minute so there probably not the easiest to deal with 

We know we haven’t yet brought in the main man, and none of Windass, Leko or Simmonds we’re likely to be that man, so we don’t want to spend too much on back up options Keeping our powder dry

We’re dead certain for relegation with the current squad.

At the end of the day we’ve signed an unproven kid from Man City, a centre half recovering from a bad injury and a midfielder on loan who has had injury problems for the past few seasons.

All three could be fantastic signings but all three could flop. I doubt there were their many queuing up for their signatures. 

Still 6 players short in my opinion. Time is ticking. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’m surprise we haven’t offered Rudy Gestede a trial, available on a free , questionable injury record but was lethal at Blackburn 

In our position we could’ve done a lot worse than have him down at Loughborough and assess where his fitness is at,  may even get Rhodes’ head back in the game , those two scored a fair few together at Blackburn 

but like Rhodes, he’s no good anymore Steer well clear I say

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Rangers are obviously Scottish so they aren't considered preferred creditors like English teams are.... so it is slightly different

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

We know we haven’t yet brought in the main man, and none of Windass, Leko or Simmonds we’re likely to be that man, so we don’t want to spend too much on back up options Keeping our powder dry

Call me a fretter but the longer this goes on the more I’m worried Chansiri might believe he has his main striker at the club already.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

the complication in Moore’s case was multiple clubs chasing him, so he took his time making a decision. The Lowe deal happened quickly once Swansea decided to pay. It sounds to me like DC is unconvinced by the player or doesn’t consider him good value, like Leko. 

12 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

There is a difference which makes it harder. The other players wigan sold were with FA clubs and the Administrators needed them sold to pay creditors/wages etc. Windass money is owed to Rangers under the SFA and they are not desperate to settle this debt as the rules don't require it.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’re dead certain for relegation with the current squad.

At the end of the day we’ve signed an unproven kid from Man City, a centre half recovering from a bad injury and a midfielder on loan who has had injury problems for the past few seasons.

All three could be fantastic signings but all three could flop. I doubt there were their many queuing up for their signatures. 

Still 6 players short in my opinion. Time is ticking. 

We’re not dead certain for relegation, nobody in this league is dead certain for anything , especially before a ball has even been kicked 

Couldn’t any signing be fantastic or a flop ??   Like ..how many were saying Abdi was a dead certain flop when he signed ?

Why the dramatisation ? Dead certain for relegation gi orrr with yourself 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

We’re not dead certain for relegation, nobody in this league is dead certain for anything , especially before a ball has even been kicked 

Couldn’t any signing be fantastic or a flop ??   Like ..how many were saying Abdi was a dead certain flop when he signed ?

Why the dramatisation ? Dead certain for relegation gi orrr with yourself 

We are dead certain for relegation unless we bring some quality in. 

Simple.

• Like 9