Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Just now, Pieman said:

If this is true, given he hasn’t signed for anyone, we are still in the hunt. I presume a number of teams are haggling over how much of his wages they will pay. 

It's a bun fight for the few quality players available and we don't know where we stand on the this forum

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

That was before the independent panel maybe it's a different ball game now

Yep, but we just don’t know. It’s like I say we might be able to pick up a quick mobile centre forward on the continent, but that’s my hope, I have no real idea whether we can or not. We’ll have to wait and see I guess

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

Completely agree, altho I am hoping we don’t fall into the trap of banging it long on a regular basis.

I hope not yesterday showed only being a friendly that we can pass it about and it's the way we want to play for me it's nice to have other options available if needed

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Yep, but we just don’t know. It’s like I say we might be able to pick up a quick mobile centre forward on the continent, but that’s my hope, I have no real idea whether we can or not. We’ll have to wait and see I guess

Covid as cost us millions as well

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I hope not yesterday showed only being a friendly that we can pass it about and it's the way we want to play for me it's nice to have other options available if needed

Again, totally agree. I thought yesterday showed a real blue print to go forward with.

Rhodes did ok. He isn’t a target man and does llack upper body strength. As we know, he comes alive in the box, which didn’t happen yesterday. My issue with Rhodes (for years) is his passing. He just isn’t an accurate enough passer, which was very evident yesterday. On at least 4/5/6 times yesterday, he won the initial contact and then over hit the pass. This part of his game is so disappointing.

Edited by Pieman

12 hours ago, scram said:

Early in the new season we may well be facing a familiar face

One who i think would considerably strengthen us right now if we kept him

But i get it. New broom and all that...

Walsall signing Winnall?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

we might be able to pick up a quick mobile centre forward on the continent, but that’s my hope

It would be just our luck that anyone signed from the "continent' be subject to the most severe lockdown quarantine of 26 weeks, on arrival in the UK! 

10 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Again, totally agree. I thought yesterday showed a real blue print to go forward with.

Rhodes did ok. He isn’t a target man and does llack upper body strength. As we know, he comes alive in the box, which didn’t happen yesterday. My issue with Rhodes (for years) is his passing. He just isn’t an accurate enough passer, which was very evident yesterday. On at least 4/5/6 times yesterday, he won the initial contact and then over hit the pass. This part of his game is so disappointing.

I think Rhodes had a couple of glorious seasons before us and we got stung hindsight again 

Kranky fell out with jukewitz at boro and bombed him out to brum, posted couple of weeks back thought his time at br would probably be up? Re at lot hope we have the funds for him imo exactly what we need , would love a big mobile pacy target man but they come at top end premium? That nsame looks just what we need but can’t see us paying any more than 1/2 m for anyone atm 

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Risk with a Jutz type is we'd blow our budget on giving him an end of career contract in terms of amount and length. Something we don't want to repeat. Chris Martin would be my ideal choicr ahead of him but I think there'd be others ahead of us in the queue. 

Same with Martin though, he’s 31 so it would probably be a last big pay day for him also. I’d take either one though tbh at this moment in time. We’re crying out for firepower up top.