Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-huddersfield-liam-lindsay-18814932

“Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield Town are reportedly interested in signing Stoke City defender Liam Lindsay on loan. 

The two Yorkshire clubs face competition to land the centre-back from Championship rivals Blackburn Rovers, according to The Sun.

The national newspaper has claimed the Terriers "lead the chase" to bring in the 24-year-old, but we understand that element of the report at least is inaccurate: our sources indicate that Town are not interested in the defender.”

lol

Old article below, but interesting description of him as ‘an elegant defender, with a decent left peg...’

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liam-lindsay-loving-life-barnsley-11603393?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

If the rumours are true, then would seem we’d be looking at Lindsay to vie with / replace Borner on the left side of a back three...

Edited by PeakOwl

1 minute ago, Jim said:

All these centre-back links makes me think we're expecting offers for Iorfa?

Possibly

I’d be happy with another CB with a bit more quality (no idea if Lindsay is any good), if we’re playing 3 at the back, with all the games coming in a short space of time we’ll need players ready to step in

You would have to assume their will be outgoings if we are to bring in Lindsay. On top of that we’ve been linked with Dion Sanderson who can also play there. 

I’m not sure Monk was overly keen on Borner or Lees.

I think Lees would be the one we would like to move on due to his wages. 

I’ll be shocked if Van Aken is to stay aswell.

If Lindsay were to come that’s give us Lindsay, Lees, Borner, Iorfa, Dunkley and Van Aken to choose from in our back 3.

Our defence was absolutely dreadful last season and we couldn’t really change much as we didn’t have the options. Given that Van Aken is clearly not up to it at this level, that leaves us with just 2 back up defenders for a back 3, which isn’t really that much when you think about it.

Understandably Monk is just trying to increase his options at the back and given how bad we were defensively last season I can hardly blame him.

11 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Reading the article from dom I didn't realise we had to name our 25 man squad like Premier league does , if so would that speed up the process with a transfer of someone like Murphy 

This is unbelievably poo.

So the Champ have to have the same 25 man squad as the Prem but they play 8 games more. Load of poo that. 

39 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Liam Lindsay had an absolute shocker for Stoke at Hillsborough this season. Not sure he’s an upgrade on Borner.

This, I was going to say, whenever I’ve seen him, he’s looked anything but elegant

35 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Reading the article from dom I didn't realise we had to name our 25 man squad like Premier league does , if so would that speed up the process with a transfer of someone like Murphy 

Surely you don’t have to name the squad until the window closes in October.

I do see naming a squad potentially as a problem for us.

It means we have to name untried youngsters in the squad or they cannot even make the bench.

Or is there any exception for youngsters ?

• Like 1

Guest gizowl

We'll have enquired about many players 1st 2nd 3rd option an all that. Think the 3 I hope to get in this week are Dion Anderson  Windass and  Jonathan Leko.