Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Striker rumours are not surfacing in the press, the closest we come to one is Windass and would he be considered an out and out striker? Don't think many would claim that.

All very quiet on the striker front.  Lets hope it changes very quickly.

Yes, I suppose we wouldn't be too upset with a big surprise, striker wise, but I hope we get a good young up and coming striker and a ready to go striker that can hit the ground running without having to spend half the season getting over his efforts, in the sick bay. A Tudgay/Burton kind of strike force with strength, guile and dogged determination.

• Like 3

re strikers, I still think we will go for Clarke-Harris at Bristol Rovers.  Can be got on the cheap as coming into last yr of contract.  No world beater but knows how to put himself about and a good age, and by all accounts a good grafter on the training pitch.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Alan Biggs tweeted that he wouldn’t be surprised if Windass didn’t sign for us this week. I‘m assuming he means that he will sign for someone else, rather than join us the week after! 😀.

What Biggs actually said was that he

"- would be surprised if Josh Windass doesn’t join #SWFC this week."

36 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

re strikers, I still think we will go for Clarke-Harris at Bristol Rovers.  Can be got on the cheap as coming into last yr of contract.  No world beater but knows how to put himself about and a good age, and by all accounts a good grafter on the training pitch.

Decent shout, think we were linked with him a while ago. Looked dynamic at Rotherham and Bristol Rovers. Would be a decent signing, especially if we can get the likes of Leko and/or Murphy. 

Guest gizowl
54 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

You don't get extra points for grafting on the training pitch, I don't give a fig what he does in training as long as he performs on matchday and scores 20 to 25 a season. 

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, striker said:

Interesting, suspect if the Brighton link accurate, they would be favourites though. 

Birmingham