Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, westy365owl said:

Does anyone on here watch French football if so there's a guy called Ugo Bonnet who might be useful for us scored 11 in 23 games last season 6ft tall got a decent turn of pace and would be available cheap i would have thought playing for Rodez at moment in league 2 

Maybe we could give them our Rodez in exchange 

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

He's not a 31yr-old has-been, he's a 31yr-old still-doin-it. 12 goals +7 assists last season. He's experienced, has physical presence (which we now don't have up top), his link-play is excellent, has good vision and technique. Even scores free-kicks.

...and for people thinking "why didn't we justr keep Fletcher?"...............this guy is rarely injured.

14 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Happy to receive severe criticism but with a huge injection of pace and youth in the side, am I only one who thinks Rhodes could do well?

We will find out this season wont we I hope you're right could do with him winning us games . 

Guest gizowl
20 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Happy to receive severe criticism but with a huge injection of pace and youth in the side, am I only one who thinks Rhodes could do well?

Will he be able to keep up with all this pace in the side ? might need one of those electric scooters :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’ll be disappointed if we went in for Martin , just another 30+yr old looking for his last big contract 

Agree with this, I’ll support him if he signed but hoping we will snap up someone a bit younger to be up top. With the likes of Leko, Windass, Brown etc playing off them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

He's not a 31yr-old has-been, he's a 31yr-old still-doin-it. 12 goals +7 assists last season. He's experienced, has physical presence (which we now don't have up top), his link-play is excellent, has good vision and technique. Even scores free-kicks.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A blend is what you need. Starting with a deduction we need some sh*thouses and experience to drag us through the season. Martin fits that bill, been around the block, can hold the ball up, awkward to play against. After losing the presence of Nuhiu and Fletch, we need someone to play that role. 

We've been down this road before signing players at the end of their careers

He won't come cheap

It's a no from me

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We've been down this road before signing players at the end of their careers

He won't come cheap

It's a no from me

I agree but i think it depends of the circumstances. If Monk thinks we need some experience which will bring on the younger players and the individual is coming within the wage structure then I don't think it matters. 

What we did in the past was break the wage structure and give older players a retirement home. There's still ways you can get a lot out of players over 30 by making it beneficial for the club. If the individual didn't want that then we move on. 

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Could still do with going for Sam Morsy or someone similar to boss midfield and to give us some much needed fight in midfield. 

Yes agree, but perhaps not Morsy. We were one of a few clubs linked to that 6ft 4 German guy, who’s since moved on, so hopefully Monk is on the case That will be a key signing