Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We ain't had a decent left back since Reda. 

Reda was awful at defending. Heart like a lion and scored a lot of goals but very shakey defensively.

I loved the guy though.

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This is the one time I think we should gamble on him if he’s cheap enough. When fit he will play and probably be our best player. If we keep him fit it’s brilliant we have a talent. If we keep him partially fit it works as it gives Penney plenty of game time and a chance to show that he has the quality. If he is not very fit Penney plays and we make do with reach Harris and Palmer as back ups and it’s not cost us much 

I don't think for one minute we'll be in for him. I fully expect him to go back to Italy.

But, I agree with your sentiments. 

In the brief time he was here, he looked different gravy. Athletic, good in the tackle, loved getting forward and had quality on the ball. The sort of player, at this level, that makes such a different.

If we could get him on a contract that suits both parties (maybe a two year deal, with appearance based incentives), then it could be a masterstroke. On that sort of deal, if his injuries continue to hamper him...it's the perfect opportunity for Penny to step up, but without the pressure of been seen as number one in that position. If Lazaar stays injury free, he'll still need to be managed cleverly (so Penny will still get plenty of games), but we'll have a player perfect for that wing back role. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Rotherham expecting bids for Matt Crooks. He’s got the kind of attributes we need in the midfield. 9 goals last season too.

I was his form tutor for three years in high school. Top lad. Had a strong second half of the season too and chipped in with a good few goals. Very good mates with Windass too  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

I don't think for one minute we'll be in for him. I fully expect him to go back to Italy.

But, I agree with your sentiments. 

In the brief time he was here, he looked different gravy. Athletic, good in the tackle, loved getting forward and had quality on the ball. The sort of player, at this level, that makes such a different.

If we could get him on a contract that suits both parties (maybe a two year deal, with appearance based incentives), then it could be a masterstroke. On that sort of deal, if his injuries continue to hamper him...it's the perfect opportunity for Penny to step up, but without the pressure of been seen as number one in that position. If Lazaar stays injury free, he'll still need to be managed cleverly (so Penny will still get plenty of games), but we'll have a player perfect for that wing back role. 

Agree with every bit of this. Unfortunately like you say I don’t think we’ll be in for him.

Dont understand the people saying he doesn’t want it, remember away at Rotherham when we were awful the worst game under Bruce. He was on the bench and hadn’t played a minute for us yet. When Iorfa scored with the last kick he was up off the bench and in front of our fans giving it some!

Type or player we NEED in my opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shelley Owl said:

I was his form tutor for three years in high school. Top lad. Had a strong second half of the season too and chipped in with a good few goals. Very good mates with Windass too  

I suppose they would’ve played at Rangers together. We shoudve been in for him at Northampton when he was doing well there. Rotherham wouldn’t want to sell to us.

3 hours ago, Shelley Owl said:

Maybe he can put a good word in form him when he next speaks to Warne

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Huddersfield Town lead Championship trio 'in loan scramble' for Stoke City defender

Huddersfield Town, Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield Wednesday linked with Liam Lindsay

We don't need another centre back surley ? Unless Lees is on his way out.

8 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I used to really rate Nixon as a source but can’t remember any recent ITKs he’s called tbh but still interesting to see what he puts 

He did report last week on IDC report. He was first to break that news.

• Like 2