Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

You’d imagine Leko would go to Birmingham as it would hold the least disruption on his life, they have a new manager which always brings excitement and they don’t have a -12 point deduction.

Only thing that may swing him the other way is our lack of strikers which means he’d literally walk into the first 11. 

3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I think Brum may have the edge on us for Leko. He’s more than likely based in the area, I really hope we can pull it off. 

In these times of Covid, yes not having to move could be significant

Edited by gurujuan

10 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I think Brum may have the edge on us for Leko. He’s more than likely based in the area, I really hope we can pull it off. 

You don't sign for local rivals he would be savaged by the fans

If not us most likely Bristol City.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You don't sign for local rivals he would be savaged by the fans

If not us most likely Bristol City.

Vila and wolves are their rivals , they don't take much notice of Blues and vice versa 

Has there been any actual rumours about Strikers Leko for me falls into the winger category, we are needing probably 30 goals from 2 to 3 strikers to have any chance next season.

If Dawson and Wildsmith are the starting keepers we are going to concede goals so we need to have scorers at the other end.

Edited by room0035
  • Like 1

One thing I would say on Leko where we may have an advantage is that we may be able to offer him the chance to be a striker.

Karanka is a fantastic defensive manager who uses a very strict 4231, I imagine signing for Birmingham means he’d play as a winger. 

Bannan travels up from down there to be fair so signing for us doesn’t necessarily mean moving house.

Also, as said above, Karanka has a reputation of being quite rigid and negative in his approach. That seems completely at odds to how Monk wants to set us up, and how he’s sold his vision to Brown by the sounds too.

Having the chance to be in a team that allows him to express himself might win us the battle.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Dom Howson is going to do some digging to see where we are with Leko, so hopefully might learn something later today.

you mean when some other journalist does the work and sticks it on twitter etc for dom to "brake the latest news"?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

As per it will have little to do with local area and how well he knows it , all down to length of contract and £££££ 

Particularly after his injury problems.