Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

28 minutes ago, 0114 said:

No issue on Lazaar’s ability as a player he was quality in the few games he played.

However I would hope we don’t sign him

based on the fact he’s played 31 games of football in 4 years. 

This is the one time I think we should gamble on him if he’s cheap enough. When fit he will play and probably be our best player. If we keep him fit it’s brilliant we have a talent. If we keep him partially fit it works as it gives Penney plenty of game time and a chance to show that he has the quality. If he is not very fit Penney plays and we make do with reach Harris and Palmer as back ups and it’s not cost us much 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deano said:

Not had a decent left back since Pudil, first few seasons he was really good before age started to catch him up. 

True. I still have nightmares though of play off semi final when that big donkey Colin Quaner came on and tore him a new one. 

14 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

I like the idea of having younger players like Izzy Brown, Jonathan Leko, Keke Simmonds and Korede Adedoyinin either in or mentioned as additions. Most of those are strong and pacy players with hunger in their side. Reminds me a bit of a couple of seasons ago when Derby had Mason Mount and Harry Wilson on loan and WBA had Harvey Barnes. They were exciting players who played off a strong frontman. 

We certainly look to want more pace and directness which is welcome. But I remember watching Derby against us at home and the quality of Mount and Wilson was head and shoulders above as shown by them playing regularly in the PL now. We’re more in the rough diamond territory 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Would take all three. Unfortunately I can’t see us being able to afford any of them 

I still think if Aarons and Lazaar had stayed fit that season they were here on loan, we’d have made the play-offs?

• Like 1

Aaron’s has been to Wycombe and Motherwell since he was here, not aware he left a lasting impression at either 

Lazaar has an injury record that makes your eyes bleed 

Just now, k_guite said:

Would like to see us go for Ryan Frazer, unlikely I know but it would be nice to see us try! 

He's going to the Premier League, no chance.

11 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

Would be interested to know what sort of money Lazaar was on at Newcastle. Clearly talented with his technique but never struck me as particularly arsed about playing football. 

£15k PW according to FM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffwed1 said:

True. I still have nightmares though of play off semi final when that big donkey Colin Quaner came on and tore him a new one. 

We ain't had a decent left back since Reda. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, modboy said:

£15k PW according to FM

Can’t imagine the serie b sides hes gone on loan to previously have paid that (If true.) I’d guess they’ve probably paid at most half of that. At 7.5k a week I’d loan him back as an option at left back or left wingback.