Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Strikers search are going to be harder should we be looking at second division around Europe for possible rough gems for lesser money.

Looking at a few Fabian Klos in the bundersliga 2, Toni Kadewere French Liga 2, Simone Nwankwo (I know) Serie b all different types of scored but all score a lot of goals last year.

37 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Strikers search are going to be harder should we be looking at second division around Europe for possible rough gems for lesser money.

Looking at a few Fabian Klos in the bundersliga 2, Toni Kadewere French Liga 2, Simone Nwankwo (I know) Serie b all different types of scored but all score a lot of goals last year.

I tried to put this forward with Ugo Bonnet earlier 

6 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

I tried to put this forward with Ugo Bonnet earlier 

Think there is legs in foreign forwards. Mentioned Yaya Sanogo before. 

Look at Maupay when he went to Brentford (£1.6m from St Etienne), Pereira to West Brom(undisclosed from Sporting) Pukki to Norwich (free from Brondby). 

They are usually cheaper on the continent, and you could pick up some gems. Obviously some stinkers too, but the cost outlay is usually smaller. 

3 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Think there is legs in foreign forwards. Mentioned Yaya Sanogo before. 

Look at Maupay when he went to Brentford (£1.6m from St Etienne), Pereira to West Brom(undisclosed from Sporting) Pukki to Norwich (free from Brondby). 

They are usually cheaper on the continent, and you could pick up some gems. Obviously some stinkers too, but the cost outlay is usually smaller. 

pretty sure Pereira wasn’t cheap, was a loan first with view to a 9m fee.  

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Yes agree, but perhaps not Morsy. We were one of a few clubs linked to that 6ft 4 German guy, who’s since moved on, so hopefully Monk is on the case That will be a key signing

Sam Field from West Brom, perhaps? He's another young player they sent on loan to Charlton, both Leko and Field impressed in the first half of the season for them. He's a defensive midfielder that screens the defence and can create too, which might allow the likes of Bannan, Brown and Windass to get forward and support whoever we bring in to play upfront? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Hugill won’t come here with his wages,  isn’t he off to Norwich for £5m ? 

Doubt we will go back for Wickham, again , his wages will be well above anything we’re prepared to pay 

Not sure on the latter. I think we have a sensible structure in place for permanent players but if a premier league player comes in DC has a habit of stretching to that as he did last season. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of having younger players like Izzy Brown, Jonathan Leko, Keke Simmonds and Korede Adedoyinin either in or mentioned as additions. Most of those are strong and pacy players with hunger in their side. Reminds me a bit of a couple of seasons ago when Derby had Mason Mount and Harry Wilson on loan and WBA had Harvey Barnes. They were exciting players who played off a strong frontman. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Fabian Klos is a quality finisher and was top scorer in Bundesliga 2. last season with 21 goals in 33 games for A. Bielefeld. 

Boerner will know him well but no chance he will leave them. He's a legend there with over 150 goals for them and next season will be in Bundesliga 1. with them after they were promoted this season. Anyway he's 32, which means he's 'past it' to most on here 😄.

3 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

What about alfie Doughty from charlton had an outstanding game when we played them at the valley can play LM or LB could be converted to LWB i would have thought and ran past Moses like he wasn't there all game 

I really think people should stop suggesting Charlton as a possible source of players... they wouldn't sell us anyone right now if we offered them £10m, let alone for only the packet of crisps and quick handy behind the bike sheds we can just about manage right now...

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Sam Field from West Brom, perhaps? He's another young player they sent on loan to Charlton, both Leko and Field impressed in the first half of the season for them. He's a defensive midfielder that screens the defence and can create too, which might allow the likes of Bannan, Brown and Windass to get forward and support whoever we bring in to play upfront? 

Tell the truth....you just stole this from SWFC new now right?   

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I really think people should stop suggesting Charlton as a possible source of players... they wouldn't sell us anyone right now if we offered them £10m, let alone for only the packet of crisps and quick handy behind the bike sheds we can just about manage right now...

Agreed...no more left backs from charlton ever pls

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Tell the truth....you just stole this from SWFC new now right?   

Aye, but for once one of their suggestions made sense and he would suit us, I think. I remember him from a few top flight games and he spent the first half of last season on loan at Charlton along with Leko, they'd both be smart ideal signings.