Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

4 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

Tbh a part from being in the prem for a short amount of time and a few trips to Wembley and Cardiff it's wvank been a Wednesday fan, how the hell we have so many loyal fans is a miracle.

I have Liverpool and Man Utd supporters in my family and they literally can’t process the notion of supporting a sh*te team for the best part of 27 years.  

But according to some on here we are a self entitled bunch and we should be grateful for where we are and have been putting up with 

Edited by Owls-Fan

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I have Liverpool and Man Utd supporters in my family and they literally can’t process the notion of supporting a sh*te team for the best part of 27 years.  

But according to some on here we are a self entitled bunch and we should be grateful for where we are and have been putting up with 

To be honest it's been quite funny watch man u fans suffer a bit the last couple of seasons, it's nothing like we've had to suffer but it's knocked the wind out of the fans sail's, the Ferguson years are well and truly gone ....the prawn sandwich is dead long live the prawn sandwich :laugh:

Edited by Hodgyowl
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

So if found guilty and the club appeals and appeals again and again , can the EFL relegate us this season ?

QPR appealed four times over three years before coughing up!

At the moment we are in arbitration over a ‘Board Dispute’ under EFL arbitration rules. If we lose and the charges are deemed admissible we go to a disciplinary commission who will decide the punishment. A disciplinary appeal under the arbitration rules is then possible but the decision is binding and can’t be further appealed. There’s always the courts though which is the route that QPR decided to go down I believe

56 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Is DC even in the country at the minute?

Why is this an issue for you ? Just trying to tar Chansiri with your own particular brush me thinks. The modern world means he can respond from anywhere if he so chooses and probably will at a time of his choosing. IMO the task is to persuade the carpet baggers of the EFL to develop a different strategy, one that is far more challenging to the Championship and the FA. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Derby haven’t lied about what year the stadium was sold. That’s why we are being charged. 

Yup, I know that.  And Derby have been charged with inflating the price of their stadium (sold for £80m, on the books for £40m - give or take a few mil).  I was responding to a comment saying that we would be asking for other clubs to be punished in the same situation.  The situation is selling the stadium to circumvent the FFP cap, and I'm not aware we've asked for any of the other clubs being investigated to be punished.

Guest Bulgaria

I am guessing the clubs demanding a points deduction are Luton, Barnsley, Wigan and Huddersfield.

I've absolutely no doubt what so ever that our fan base would be shouting from the roof tops if the boot was on the other foot.

The way this works is there is a judgement on whether what we did with the accounts is acceptable or not. if the EFL win they will probably hit us with a fine.

The issues is then if we have to move the sale of the stadium from one year to the next, then we have broken the P&S rule on losses so the EFL will then hit us with a points deduction for breaking the rules.

Its a bit like giving a player a 3 match ban for a preseason game, then the season after giving the same player another ban for the same incident, but then saying it is for racism and is not the same thing so this ban will be 6 games.

This unfortunately is our governing body and they are a complete joke.

BUT what we have to remember all 24 teams in the league sign off on these rules so we are probably causing a lot of the problems ourselves.

I wonder what point the parachute payments will be mentioned in the next EFL meeting, as they are the route cause of other teams not getting then, trying to find ways within the EFL current laws, to get around the losses limits.

3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I am guessing the clubs demanding a points deduction are Luton, Barnsley, Wigan and Huddersfield.

I've absolutely no doubt what so ever that our fan base would be shouting from the roof tops if the boot was on the other foot.

I would assume it is probably Birmingham too.

A few people acting ‘holier than thou’ with the ‘well you reap what you sow’ and ‘we broke the rules so it’s only fair we get punished’ angle.

Would they be saying the same thing if we were still in with a realistic chance of promotion? If DC’s alleged ‘tweaks’ had put us 10 points clear at the top? Would they still have the same approach? I’m not so sure. 

12 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

Yup, I know that.  And Derby have been charged with inflating the price of their stadium (sold for £80m, on the books for £40m - give or take a few mil).  I was responding to a comment saying that we would be asking for other clubs to be punished in the same situation.  The situation is selling the stadium to circumvent the FFP cap, and I'm not aware we've asked for any of the other clubs being investigated to be punished.

I thought Derby charge was to do with how the amortise their players contracts.

The treat their players as an asset with a residual value at the end of their contract, but if a player is over 24 at the end of their contract they have no residual value and can leave as a free agent. So the knock on effect of this is not as much amortisation in the accounts and this helps to reduce the costs and increase profit. Kind of smart what they did but not within the football world when assets are people not objects.

15 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Why is this an issue for you ? Just trying to tar Chansiri with your own particular brush me thinks. The modern world means he can respond from anywhere if he so chooses and probably will at a time of his choosing. IMO the task is to persuade the carpet baggers of the EFL to develop a different strategy, one that is far more challenging to the Championship and the FA. 

It’s an issue because there’s a lack of leadership and communication from the top of the club and the main man isn’t even in the country (or is he?)

Every premier club has a list of all the key personnel at the club on the premier league website. I’ll pick Arsenal as an example as they’re first on the list:

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/1/Arsenal/directory

Does anything like this even exist for Wednesday so we’d know who was in charge with running the club’s operations?