Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

If we get a deduction and go down as a result (therefore directly DC's fault) what is he likely to do? Get out when he can and take a huge financial hit (unlikely), sell ground to claim a bit back (not many would want to buy anyway as it's unlikely to get planning permission to build on), keep club but wash his hands of it so left to wither and die? Charge us rent on the ground?

Really fear a Coventry type scenario myself. 

I seem to remember a club where the fans registered the ground as a ' community asset' which placed limits on what could be done with it by the owner.

Does anyone know if this is still an option?

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

I wouldn't see relegation as a death sentence, OK you/we don't want it, but the dingles live on it. when they go down they rip the division a new un and straight back up, when we go down we continue to make a b****x of it and are down there for years on end.

IF we were relegated i'd like to see us move the dead wood and high earners on.

then start to build a squad like the one blackburn won the premier title with, heavy on ability down the spine, with a big punch forward line, a tricky winger (and a spare with pace to burn every fullback in the division) with (pig copying) hungry wannabees competently filling the other places.

when we go down we're everybody's target, we should be everybody's nightmare, our last game there had 40,000 turn up, every capable player in the division should be thinking 'I hope wednesday come in for me'.

we should mop up the better players whilst there, and as we leave, thus bringing a competent squad in need of little additions to challenge in the championship. 

Sounds easy!

7 minutes ago, timeforaboycott said:

Oddschecker- Unibet and Bet365 have us at 40/1 , a small wager would pay for what would be pub league season ticket.

Interesting that, the bookies can’t think the points deduction is coming this season.

Or do they have something in their T&C’s that covers them against points deductions in relegation markets?

If we get the full points deduction and all the trimmings and Derby get off Scot free , while Villa are also living the dream having pulled the same trick 

I’m 100% done with Football,  not a penny of my hard earned will go anywhere near Sheffield Wednesday , Sky Sports or anything else affiliated with the absolutely corrupt powers that be that run this game 

27 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If we get the full points deduction and all the trimmings and Derby get off Scot free , while Villa are also living the dream having pulled the same trick 

I’m 100% done with Football,  not a penny of my hard earned will go anywhere near Sheffield Wednesday , Sky Sports or anything else affiliated with the absolutely corrupt powers that be that run this game 

If what we get done for is akin to what those 2 have done then yes, I agree.

If, however if it for backdating the transaction (which, as far as I am aware the other 2 didn't do) then they are not really comparable.

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

If what we get done for is akin to what those 2 have done then yes, I agree.

If, however if it for backdating the transaction (which, as far as I am aware the other 2 didn't do) then they are not really comparable.

What about backdating the transaction with the EFL’s written approval ?    Why would Chansiri do it if he knew it couldn’t have ANY effect on the figures he needed it to ?   It doesn’t add up to me ... the club hinted everything was agreed with the EFL 

Either the Owner or the EFL are clearly lying and we’re about to find out who it is  

Edited by Guest

Just now, Royal_D said:

What about backdating the transaction with the EFL’s written approval ? 

And they have stated quite clearly that additional information has come to light. We don't know what that information is so we simply cannot pass judgement either way.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

But if we are guilty of doing something the other clubs haven't that's a ridiculous attitude to take. There is no vendetta.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

And they have stated quite clearly that additional information has come to light. We don't know what that information is so we simply cannot pass judgement either way.

It’s all well and good the EFL saying that though isn’t it, sounds to me like they shouldn’t have approved it period and are now backtracking massively under pressure from Steve Gibson 

Theres lies been told somewhere and it’s all gonna come out in the wash 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wouldn’t it have been nice to have got more than 1 point out of 9 against the bottom 3 just incase we do get docked points. 

Totally agree.

When you look at games against the bottom 4 since 29 December, we have lost 3 and drawn 1.

1 point from 12 in what will in all probability be relegation head to heads. If we get a points deduction, even if it's only nine, those games can be classed as having been six-pointers.

If we are suddenly thrust into a relegation battle does anyone really think we have the right squad for it?

people need to start realising, especially the players, that we are far more likely to go down than up this season.

UTO

FTB

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But if we are guilty of doing something the other clubs haven't that's a ridiculous attitude to take. There is no vendetta.

Come on, there was a loophole left exposed by the EFL , Aston Villa took advantage of it and so did Derby and your not telling me that they did it within the rules ?    That valuation of pride park is just as insane as the valuation of Hillsborough if not worse 

Aston Villa gambled and got promotion and it’s all been forgot about 

It absolutely stinks, can’t be 1 rule for one and another rule for everyone else because the EFL have woke up and smelt the coffee 

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If we can accumulate enough points to avoid relegation despite a points deduction it will be worth being found guilty. Then we can shove the ground sale into this year and get an extra year's benefit from it. Plus Chansiri could get banned. Double boost.

One day I’m gonna bum you in the South Stand bogs while you’re casually sipping Bovril.

Happy St Valentines!!