Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Come on, there was a loophole left exposed by the EFL , Aston Villa took advantage of it and so did Derby and your not telling me that they did it within the rules ?    That valuation of pride park is just as insane as the valuation of Hillsborough if not worse 

Aston Villa gambled and got promotion and it’s all been forgot about 

It absolutely stinks, can’t be 1 rule for one and another rule for everyone else because the EFL have woke up and smelt the coffee 

Why us?

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Why us?

I’m not claiming vendettas , all I’m saying is the EFL cannot change the goalposts when it suits !   If there gonna punish people for abusing a loophole THEY left open, then they should punish everyone the same ,  I’m not buying this ‘backdated’ business ... wether it was backdated without or approval or not the intention was to bypass FFP rules the same as Derby , Villa and god knows who else have done 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I’m not claiming vendettas , all I’m saying is the EFL cannot change the goalposts when it suits !   If there gonna punish people for abusing a loophole THEY left open, then they should punish everyone the same ,  I’m not buying this ‘backdated’ business ... wether it was backdated without or approval or not the intention was to bypass FFP rules the same as Derby , Villa and god knows who else have done 

But if there's no vendetta and all we've done is what everyone else has done then why us?

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Who signed these accounts off ?? If figures have been backdated are them accounts not illegal ??   What professional accountant risks that ?

The probability is we'll be OK. In which case we'll be OK. Maybe the EFL have their own distinct rules but I doubt that. If all is above board then we'll be fine. Wait for the evidence to come out. Simple. 

23 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And they have stated quite clearly that additional information has come to light. We don't know what that information is so we simply cannot pass judgement either way.

The EFL either gave their consent or they didn't. It really is that simple. If they didn't we are screwed, if they did they havnt a leg to stand on. 

WE..as fans, honestly have no real idea ..Do we?

Does the manager?.. Do The Staff?..The Players?

Would explain the abysmal drop off in any sort of form...not a slow burner is it...Form diving off a cliff...

Just cos we miss Fletcher?

I remember an ex chairman having a battle with F.U.D

Fear Doubt and Uncertaincy

Well thank f.ook theres none of that in this bloody dogs breakfast at the minute!

A nine or 12 point deduction..,I fear it...expulsion...I doubt it..but I'm uncertain about it all.

Any accountant who signed off on this without being absolutely CERTAIN..it was legal, wants hanging.

It surely can't be hard to simply follow the rules as laid out, any loopholes found and acted upon need to be points of CERTAINTY, absolute facts...or its totally shady ground and not bloody ethical surely?

Risking the short term future of the club, never mind the long term threats that are being bandied about is not worth it.

Does DC know for certain what he's doing?

I fear he doesn't

I doubt he does

I'm uncertain he actually knows what he's doing

I believe we are in the midst of another bottoming out process. 

Unfortunately, when we have one of those, it usually involves a stint in League One. 

Just has that feel about it. 

Proper crisis club atm. 

Edited by SiJ

3 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Lol. but can an entity lie. Would it be the accountants who submitted the accounts. Sure lawyers can tie this up for years.

Sheffield Wednesday have been charged. Not individuals. If you had read the statement you would be aware, apparently not :laugh: 

Imagine getting a deduction that put us firmly in relegation zone and then fighting it off and staying up on last day .... Gibson would be raging , be another complaint going into the EFL 

Just now, HarrowbyOwl said:

The misconduct charges are against Redgate, Meir and DC

This is another thing, if they find the club guilty and they charge DC with misconduct surely he’s getting banned ?    

That will be fantastic, the only person with the means to keep the club afloat getting banned 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Imagine getting a deduction that put us firmly in relegation zone and then fighting it off and staying up on last day .... Gibson would be raging , be another complaint going into the EFL 

Yep they will then object to the fact players we were allowed to sign after the embargo was lifted have helped us stay up, so we should be fined and docked more points 

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Sheffield Wednesday have been charged. Not individuals. If you had read the statement you would be aware, apparently not :laugh: 

Getting pedantic now, an entity cannot lie a person or persons can. Anyhow not really going anywhere this is it... You can have the last word if you would like? :-)