Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

The lack of information on how long this process is going to take is ridiculous. You can argue the club, by counter-threatening the EFL, has contributed to this. But it's still completely arbitrary as far as I can see. Why can't the EFL confirm the date they will announce the decision? Why does it take so long? 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Are you a 100% sure that they dont reset. As I am sure I read they did. And if you think about it the whole 39 million thing is based on 3 years rolling. so they are punishing us for a three year period. So therefore that 3 year period should be reset.

Well Birmingham got hit with a 12 point deduction last season and are up for another points deduction this season based on their 3 year rolling profits which would suggest if they were reset to zero Birmingham would not have broke the rules this season?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Markowski77 said:

The thing is to the EFL must have all their ducks in a row otherwise they don’t have a leg to stand on - they can’t one minute say everything is ok, sign accounts off

then 4 months down the line pull us up, for things they initially agreed too

The problem is we’re in the dark as to the ‘multiple counts of misconduct’ that the EFL say we (actually the directors not the club) are charged with. The EFL rules define ‘misconduct’ very narrowly in about 18 places. I don’t see how any apply to us. 

The EFL have created their own mess here, the common sense thing to do would be to say they’ve made a mistake approving our accounts and that from now on they will be more stringent.  

They are the ones that approved our accounts, took the embargo off and let us sign players again.

It’s a bit like giving alcohol to a child saying it’s alright and when another parent finds out says the child should be punished you take away his PlayStation. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Well Birmingham got hit with a 12 point deduction last season and are up for another points deduction this season based on their 3 year rolling profits which would suggest if they were reset to zero Birmingham would not have broke the rules this season?

There is no reset. Your past losses remain round your neck like a millstone

21 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Classic sky bullshìt...shock and awe..

Article says nothing other than could.....like most or thier crap articles.

There is an update there... confirmation that we’ll face the commission before the end of the season and that other championship clubs are pushing for a points deduction.

Some of our fans still blaming sky, the EFL and other clubs for the failings of our owner

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The EFL have created their own mess here, the common sense thing to do would be to say they’ve made a mistake approving our accounts and that from now on they will be more stringent.  

They are the ones that approved our accounts, took the embargo off and let us sign players again.

It’s a bit like giving alcohol to a child saying it’s alright and when another parent finds out says the child should be punished you take away his PlayStation. 

Or what the EFL could do is close the loop hole allowing football clubs to sell their stadium to themselves and lease it back over 50-100 years with the club paying a fraction of the cost.

You won't be surprised to hear as of today that still has not happened.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Or what the EFL could do is close the loop hole allowing football clubs to sell their stadium to themselves and lease it back over 50-100 years with the club paying a fraction of the cost.

Yes they can do that too, though I think the issue is when we said we’d sold the stadium to ourselves in the accounts, not the fact we did it. 

Anyway had we done the stadium sale and been dodgy with our accounts in private without getting permission it would be fair to be punished. But we asked the EFL if it was okay and they said yes.  Clearly we wouldn’t have done so if they said it was a problem, so not sure how they can justify punishing us now 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The so-called loophole was opened by the EFL in 2016. Prior to that the rules forbade counting proceeds from sales of fixed assets in the P&S calculations

8 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Not that

But in the 1st division. 

Same place Blunts were in a mere 2 and a half seasons ago.

I wouldn't see relegation as a death sentence, OK you/we don't want it, but the dingles live on it. when they go down they rip the division a new un and straight back up, when we go down we continue to make a b****x of it and are down there for years on end.

IF we were relegated i'd like to see us move the dead wood and high earners on.

then start to build a squad like the one blackburn won the premier title with, heavy on ability down the spine, with a big punch forward line, a tricky winger (and a spare with pace to burn every fullback in the division) with (pig copying) hungry wannabees competently filling the other places.

when we go down we're everybody's target, we should be everybody's nightmare, our last game there had 40,000 turn up, every capable player in the division should be thinking 'I hope wednesday come in for me'.

we should mop up the better players whilst there, and as we leave, thus bringing a competent squad in need of little additions to challenge in the championship. 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

But my point is basically you can only sell the stadium back to yourself once so we can do that again to offset huge losses.

But we won't have any huge losses hanging over us.

We have reset.

Hopefully learning from previous mistakes.

But with a few better players than that we started this period with.

It’s an absolutely ridiculous ruling whether clubs agreed to it or not. We are not in any debt to creditors like previously. 

One man is funding is with his own money and is prepared to keep doing so. The short sightedness of the EFL is incredible. If they had any duty of care for clubs they would make sure owners have to put a bond on clubs so they couldn’t leave clubs with huge debts like Bolton had. 

Not to mention a salary cap is needed and the scrapping of parachute payments. But hey other clubs smell blood so let’s jump on that and pretend it’s all in the best interests of the league. 

• Thanks 1

So Sky clickbait worked then. We know all this. So what's new, clubs can demand what they like done mean they will get it now. 

If guilty expect 9 pts do the EFL want to open a can of worms if it relegated us as Derby are next up and once the EFL sets a precident.

What does concern me is EFL rules are so wooly, they should be precise ie break the rules and 12 of penalty none of this up to 21 points rubbish. Just looks like a bunch of amateurs.