Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thing is...they better get this sorted pretty quickly. 

Be slightly farcical if say there are 3 games to go or something and they hit us with a 12 point deduction. 

Whole thing is a shambles from us to the EFL. 

it would be interesting to know exactly what stage it's presently at?

the efl is undoubtedly busting a gut to soften us BIG STYLE, BUT something that dc has countered with in relation to the present hierarchy and the previous has stalled them. I imagine they are burning the midnight oil at efl house in search of an escape route that will have us hung, drawn, and quartered, but at present they're having to bitterly grit their teeth whilst highly paid lawyers look for way around it. GOOD LUCK DC.

Wish the EFL could just punish DC and not the club as a whole. Be absolutely gutting if we ended up getting relegated because of this. DC should be forced out of the club if this does happen. Sure  we will still get the usual suspects defending him on here, people that couldn’t care less what league we are in. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, dorian gray said:

it would be interesting to know exactly what stage it's presently at?

the efl is undoubtedly busting a gut to soften us BIG STYLE, BUT something that dc has countered with in relation to the present hierarchy and the previous has stalled them. I imagine they are burning the midnight oil at efl house in search of an escape route that will have us hung, drawn, and quartered, but at present they're having to bitterly grit their teeth whilst highly paid lawyers look for way around it. GOOD LUCK DC.

Nothing is quick when lawyers get involved - whether Chansiri is right or wrong. 

1 minute ago, oz_owl said:

Really?  Have we asked for the same to happen to Derby, Reading or Aston Villa - who all have sold their stadium in a similar fashion?

I'm not aware that we have, but I could have missed something.

Derby haven’t lied about what year the stadium was sold. That’s why we are being charged. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Wasn’t Biggs saying the decision on whether the basis of the charges was lawful was expected this month - not the actual tribunal itself. 

Yes, he was talking about the arbitration hearing on whether the charges were admissible. If that goes against us we then go to an independent Disciplinary Commission. Disciplinary commission rulings don’t always go the EFL’s way either. They recently lost an arbitration appeal against what they thought was an over lenient decision to suspend a points deduction for Bolton.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51020339

Slow news day, no EPL so Sky try to sensationalise another non story.

The process to assess whether the charges are lawful has not been concluded yet, never mind a hearing relating to the charges.

We all know the source will be the whiny little cheeky monkey at Middlesborough. Aside from that, ask any competitor whether they'd like an advantage over another and they would. 

44 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I’d amazed to if the EFL hit us with a deduction that effectively relegates us. They gave Birmingham a points deduction that effectively meant f**k all in the grand scheme of things last season

My guess is between 9 and 12 and a big fine or ban for Chansiri

12 drops us right in the pig turd

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

12 drops us right in the pig turd

I wouldn’t trust these players to have the bottle to get us out of if it we did. Obviously guessing but it wouldn’t surprise me if they docked us 12 points for breaking the rules and then the extra 9 points for lying and taking the EFL on. If indeed we are charged personally I won’t spend another penny on this club while DC remains.  

Edited by WalthamOwl

19 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Judging from EFL track record ...

The points deduction will be announced near the end of the season

So they know how many points they need to deduct, to fit whatever punishment they deem fit 

So in a nutshell if the EFL want to punish us enough they will relegate us wonder if players think same hense the lack of effort 

Edited by Lomas613
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lomas613 said:

So in a nutshell if the EFL want to punish us enough they will relegate us wonder if players think same hense the lack of effort 

Can’t be a great feeling, working your guts off to be in the top 2 or 6 only to be deducted 12 points because of your owner.  Generally in football over the years any uncertainty tends to hinder performances on the pitch 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

What makes you think we have lied and who is the we?

Like Hutch and Westwood there are lots of assumptions made when it comes to the EFL charges. The EFL must think they have a case but we have the audited accounts in our favour. Unless you've seen the evidence any opinion is largely speculation. Chansiri could have played a temporary blinder or he's bang to rights. 

Derby have been charged too "for recording losses in excess of the permitted amounts provided for in EFL regulations for the three-year period ending 30 June 2018".  The sale of their ground in theory took them out of danger so presumably the charge relates to that sale.  

1 hour ago, nilsson said:

What a time to be a Wednesday fan

Tbh a part from being in the prem for a short amount of time and a few trips to Wembley and Cardiff it's wvank been a Wednesday fan, how the hell we have so many loyal fans is a miracle.