Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

they might be briefing 'off-record' but some clubs will want a rival hammered and one less competition to deal.

I understand why clubs would want it especially if they are down the bottom but, would you let a journalist do that if you weren't one of them and it implicates your club?

15 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I understand why clubs would want it especially if they are down the bottom but, would you let a journalist do that if you weren't one of them and it implicates your club?

You wouldn't imagine so. Maybe journo's using 'many' to justify/inflate their story, when in reality there's only Gibson.

3 hours ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Are you saying the co-op weren’t paying interest to the markets on the money they lent to us?

accept they make a turn on the debt, but they don’t get their money for free

I don't know the ins and outs just that we paid interest to them over the years and add that amount to what we paid them.back and the amount was near to the original loan amount

As I said no.idea how money markets work

2 minutes ago, darra said:

I don't know the ins and outs just that we paid interest to them over the years and add that amount to what we paid them.back and the amount was near to the original loan amount

As I said no.idea how money markets work

Because of their credit rating, the co-op pay quite a high rate for their money, so all the interest we paid to them wasn’t profit as such. They lost a heck of a lot of money on the deal. At one point they were really big into football clubs - huge mistake!